JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's going to be considered a off shore account taxes are going to go through the roof but I am not a financial advisor just a guy on a gun blogger site lol

Yep let it ride all in bet on black

It is too much stress to follow bitcoin when you dont have money you are willing to lose invested.

I had 6 coins and I wish I kept them but I still made a little out of it and it helped pay for part of my move.

It was fun when you could mine with an actual home computer. Now, not so much. Especially now my electricity is $0.34/kwh. Just gambling at this point and too stressful.

It is too much stress to follow bitcoin when you dont have money you are willing to lose invested.

I had 6 coins and I wish I kept them but I still made a little out of it and it helped pay for part of my move.

It was fun when you could mine with an actual home computer. Now, not so much. Especially now my electricity is $0.34/kwh. Just gambling at this point and too stressful.
You have to watch it 24 /7 it's up and down so much I didn't do it but my brother in-law did I told him it's too late you missed it but he did it anyway I don't know how much he did not that much I'm sure maybe 600 bucks

Is that expensive electricity?

Is that expensive electricity?
4-5 times higher here than average. Multiply your electricity bill by 5 to get an idea.

When I mined alt-coins on the mainland my power bill doubled but I made enough to cover the cost of the mining rig and a entertainment center and a few other purchases and had 6 coins left over. This was back when it was $500-600 each.

If I use one of the alt-coin mining calculators and my current electricity rate and I bough a few thousand dollars in video cards I could make about $5 a week. That is until bitcoin difficulty increases.

My mining rig sounded like a jet engine as well to keep it cool.

So not worth it.

"Be greedy when everyone else is scared, Be scared when everyone else is greedy..."

~Warren Buffett

I'd be watching closely to see if there is a panic sell in response. If so, I'd think itmay be time to buy. I'm starting to feel like what are seeing is a correction to actual value, so there will be overshoots, undershoots and ringing you can take advantage of.

4-5 times higher here than average. Multiply your electricity bill by 5 to get an idea.

When I mined alt-coins on the mainland my power bill doubled but I made enough to cover the cost of the mining rig and a entertainment center and a few other purchases and had 6 coins left over. This was back when it was $500-600 each.

If I use one of the alt-coin mining calculators and my current electricity rate and I bough a few thousand dollars in video cards I could make about $5 a week. That is until bitcoin difficulty increases.

My mining rig sounded like a jet engine as well to keep it cool.

So not worth it.
Yet another reason Hawaii is to expensive. Good hell with all the wind and waves, can't they use some Device to lower those bills? Wonder how they get there power?

Look, a pyramid!

upload_2018-1-17_5-4-19.png

Too much volatility with more talk of banning for my taste right now in them I took all of my money out and moved it into ETE'S. Lam Research looks like it's bout to make a run and I expect earnings next week will be good.

I would like to announce the IPO launch of Stomperbit. Each denomination is better than minted currency because... well because it's is STOMPED into existence rather than minted, right here at our Stomperroom facility.

Each denomination has an IPO price of just $100 (plus processing and handling) with a STRICT household limit of 4 exclusive commemorative IPO edition denominations. You'll appreciate the Nvida video card imbued finish on these finely virtual stomped Stomperbits. Buy in confidence knowing Stomperbits have the full backing of PT Barnum and, NASA, the NYT, and Jet Blue.... internationally trusted names.

Hurry, time is limited and quantities won't last at these prices!!

:rolleyes:

I would like to announce the IPO launch of Stomperbit. Each denomination is better than minted currency because... well because it's is STOMPED into existence rather than minted, right here at our Stomperroom facility.

Each denomination has an IPO price of just $100 (plus processing and handling) with a STRICT household limit of 4 exclusive commemorative IPO edition denominations. You'll appreciate the Nvida video card imbued finish on these finely virtual stomped Stomperbits. Buy in confidence knowing Stomperbits have the full backing of PT Barnum and, NASA, the NYT, and Jet Blue.... internationally trusted names.

Hurry, time is limited and quantities won't last at these prices!!

:rolleyes:
Totally legit, fellas.. I seen it on Stompervision!

5b530f228c1a2800a91602fbf62a11c0.jpg

Yet another reason Hawaii is to expensive. Good hell with all the wind and waves, can't they use some Device to lower those bills? Wonder how they get there power?

they are planning to burn the trees they planted after the sugar cane industry left and hoped a lumber industry would start. They stopped offering any incentives to sell back solar power even though there are a ton of private installs. Just usual government idiocy / corruption plus the power company wanting to keep their monopoly and charge what they want and give kickbacks to the state officials. (the democratic legislature blames trump for stuff like coal all while planning to turn us into christmas island burning all the trees for power)

Anyway... back to wacky bitcoin.

Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies targeted by North Korean hackers, report reveals

It's all a bunch of greedy "wanting something for nothing" foolishness.... :rolleyes:

That is the other reason I got out of bitcoin. If you truly want to keep coins safe you have to create a wallet and password on a machine that has never been connected to the internet and then move the coins into a wallet where the details are only on paper so they are not even stored on a computer. You get one virus or trojan that monitors keystrokes for passwords and your coins are gone before you know it.

If you keep your coins in an exchange like in the article you are just asking to have them stolen. How many exchanges have come and gone since bitcoin was created? Either hacked and become insolvent or had the exchange just up and steal the coins and shot down. I had a couple of coins in MTgox and just started to feel really weird about it. got them out luckily and then the exchange imploded with all their coins gone.

I have a bookmark graveyard under my bitcoin folder of hundreds of now non-functioning websites.

The wallets are getting better. Ledger is one I'm looking into. Has buttons that need to be pushed on it to finalize a transaction. It is a valid point though.

Well, as cryptos in general tumble downhill for a second week, my $600 total investment ($200 apiece in BTC, ETH and LTC) is down to $413.83. I started so recently that my grand total only reached $648 before the landslide started.

I didn't put in thousands because I'm not willing to speculate that much over something I barely understand. But I was curious (still am) and wanted to play the game one time. So I threw my hat in the ring with an amount I can afford to watch disappear.

Won't do the selloff. I figure selling now is a smart move for people who bought cheap a few years ago, built something substantial since then and can get out now before losing it all. Or at least recoup their initial investment and let the profits ride. Who knows?

Maybe my puny $600 will come back and grow again at some point. It's interesting to watch.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads