JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're not wrong and it's functional, but aesthetically speaking it's built like a tank big. Looks out of place to me on my 16" AR-15. Minimum height is on point and the weight is manageable.

my old Rem 700 is still running a Harris, but it was built in '91

looking for a new bipod for my 6.5 Grendel AR target rifle - interested in this thread

so far the Atlas is in the lead

P1030741.JPG P1040008.JPG

Last Edited:
You're not wrong and it's functional, but aesthetically speaking it's built like a tank big. Looks out of place to me on my 16" AR-15. Minimum height is on point and the weight is manageable.
Ya, I agree that could look out of place. My AccuTac is mounted on a Ruger precision with a 26" barrel and a 6-24x50mm scope. My whole gun is tank big so the bipod kinda fits my application.
Happy shooting!

Another vote for Javelin (Spartan) made in the UK. Ultralight but durable. Pick your size but their standard size has worked very well for me. Best thing is that with different adapters you can use a single bipod on different rifles. For example, I use the same bipod on an AR platform that I do on my 7mm hunting rifle. it's magnetic and fits into the different adapters I use on each rifle.

Bipod isn't cheap but the adapters are. So when you realize you can use the same bipod on multiple rifles it becomes pretty economical. I love mine.

:s0091: Drum Roll :s0091:

Pictures below…

After testing the Accu-Tac SR-5, the Atlas BT65-LW17, the Atlas V8 BT10-LW17, and the Atlas BT46-LW17 PSR. My choice is the Atlas BT65-LW17 CAL…It checks all the boxes for me; light weight, nice ADM-QD mount and its a great fit for my rifle.

What I didn't like about the other options.

The Cant on the Atlas BT45 PSR came loose on me when I swivel from left to right. The Atlas BT10 was shorter than the BT45 PSR. Both bipod legs were too narrow for my preference. However, the CAL fit perfectly.

Accu-Tac SR-5 is a MF BEAST of a bipod. It certainly resolves preferred leg width and it is indestructible in my opinion. However it's heavy on my rifle.

The CAL is simply my ideal bipod and I may buy it again for a future project.

Huge thank you to everyone who participated. I didn't know the Atlas existed without y'alls input.

BC64A949-B681-47BD-BCEE-2117CBEAC2E4.jpeg 12589EF3-A6A0-41E7-8615-C7CA7DF37D17.jpeg 19309765-32D7-43D1-9E3B-61CB42B5FB5C.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads