JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a system I'd be ok with. means I only have to pull out my wallet once in a way that's actually meaningful instead of gatekeeping harpies wasting their employer's money
I have not shopped there in a long time but Wally was doing this for a time. Would have some drone standing at the door stopping people to look at receipt and check the cart. Was with Wife one day and bunch of people walking out and woman decided to stop us. We just kept walking with her running after us out the door. Wife turned and said what are you planing on doing when we get to our car, call Police?" Woman went back inside the store with her head low. Wife said if they wanted to stop everyone, like CostCo did, fine she would stop. Since it was them just randomly picking someone to hold up she was no way in hell it's happening to her. :s0140:

Some locations are more strict about it than others, just like how some are more strict about ID for ammo sales. Frankly I get a little bummed that I make the effort to show my card to an apathetic desk clerk.
If I was tha electric gate god I'd keep it locked all the time until inspected their card, man.

I have not shopped there in a long time but Wally was doing this for a time. Would have some drone standing at the door stopping people to look at receipt and check the cart. Was with Wife one day and bunch of people walking out and woman decided to stop us. We just kept walking with her running after us out the door. Wife turned and said what are you planing on doing when we get to our car, call Police?" Woman went back inside the store with her head low. Wife said if they wanted to stop everyone, like CostCo did, fine she would stop. Since it was them just randomly picking someone to hold up she was no way in hell it's happening to her. :s0140:
This why I always put an old dildo on top of my purchases.

Nope. Eff 'em. I hate flashing my GD card every time I want to buy a box of ammo or buy a crock pot. I actually got in a somewhat heated "conversation" with some harpy who had to follow me into the store and demand I present one which I did but not before telling her off harshly. I like it better this way.

Sheesh, can't reach your wallet? I guess you don't hold a COSTCO card either?

At least it's not like the yearly check-up with my Doc. In my best doctor voice, with a serious look on my face...... "Do you think you need a prostate exam this year"

But then you never know. That might be an incentive for some

I don't shop Bimart, but when I did, I made it a point to not ever show the card. Almost never was I asked, and if I was asked, I refused. They let me in anyway, as they do any guest. The card is a joke, as is their employee owned propaganda.

Your wife has what I call a "wife card" the yellow cards are secondary cards for joint accounts, typically for spouses.
I got my daughter one when she got her drivers license. It was yellow. Mine is green. Maybe it's a household thing? will ask about the card colors next time I go in.

That's a system I'd be ok with. means I only have to pull out my wallet once in a way that's actually meaningful instead of gatekeeping harpies wasting their employer's money
It's obvious that checking the card at the door is mostly ceremony. The card isn't tied in any way to the consumer at the register, like costco. It's like they never had the motivation (or possibly even the need) to take it to the next level like costco did. They have their own business model though that has sustained them for years so why mess with it then? It's still a unique place to shop. They pack a lot into their hardware section and sporting goods. The only thing missing iis a frozen foods aisle.

It's obvious that checking the card at the door is mostly ceremony. The card isn't tied in any way to the consumer at the register, like costco. It's like they never had the motivation (or possibly even the need) to take it to the next level like costco did. They have their own business model though that has sustained them for years so why mess with it then? It's still a unique place to shop. They pack a lot into their hardware section and sporting goods. The only thing missing iis a frozen foods aisle.

They did close their pharmacy's. I know that was a real blow to a bunch of the "Blue Hairs" and "O-F's".

I have not been in a long while but CostCo used to be like that here but, when it came time to pay you did have to prove who you were. Wife has membership and has told me I can have a card if I want. Never bothered. When I would go in with her she would flash hers and no one really looks and never said anything about me. At the register though she can't pay until the see the card. Seems like if BiMart is going to make some pay they should do the same. Not let you checkout without the card.

Costco is a Califonia based company , the last 10 years it shows

Costco and Bimart are two very different business models. Both are "members only discount stores", but the membership only requirement at Bimart is more of a token things, and rarely enforced. $5 for a lifetime membership? That's nothing. It's a token charge that allows them to compile a list of shoppers for advertising purposes.

That's really what the Bimart membership is about- advertising. The $5 lifetime family membership fee is absolutely nothing to them in their business model, whereas to Costco, their $120 per year fee adds up to some real money.

I haven't been asked to show a membership card at Bimart, at any location, in many years. The only time I've pulled it out at all is for the rare return on something like a car battery core.

The real reason of the bimart card is to help them identify fraud and thieves. That's why they require it for checks and returns, to assist in quality control and to identify those who would commit fraud. Also, if a shoplifter has a card, if you catch them you can pull up their information. It was a lot more practical before crooks attained more privileges than honest people.

I got my daughter one when she got her drivers license. It was yellow. Mine is green. Maybe it's a household thing? will ask about the card colors next time I go in.
They've offered me a yellow card to go with my dad's account, but I declined and just started my own.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top