JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like BiMart. They're a NW outfit and I'm proud to be a member. Thus I always show my card when I walk in. Just be thankful that they haven't gone the way of GIJoe's and (most of) the Thriftways. These places are quite different from the Freddie's and Safeway's. BiMart is the last one standing from the old guard around here.

If some stores are not asking for it just means they are selling to people who did not bother to pay for one. Kind of dumb for the store but, does anyone really believe that this is why there is no ammo there? Anyone really believe that the ammo shelves would suddenly be full of ammo if everyone who wanted to buy had to have the card?

I never remember the lucky number with my card. My grandmother used to win stuff with hers.

Going into the store is like a trip in a time machine seeing similar stuff that was around when I was a kid going in with her. I call the place boomermart, not as an insult just the time period it reminds me of. As of lately pretty much ALL 2020 there has been 0 ammo unless you want some bird shot or maybe some hunting calibers. I got lucky the other week and scored some JHP when they had it for 45/40/9 and pre panic I snagged up 556 while I could.

All they seem to have now is a small rotation of handguns. Maybe 1 or 2 shotguns.

I think it depends on who you have at the entrance. I'm not gonna lie, I thought it was different kind of Green Card at first(hopefully just for another couple of months for me). :p
Just be thankful that they haven't gone the way of GIJoe's and (most of) the Thriftways.
Amen to that.

Nope. Eff 'em. I hate flashing my GD card every time I want to buy a box of ammo or buy a crock pot. I actually got in a somewhat heated "conversation" with some harpy who had to follow me into the store and demand I present one which I did but not before telling her off harshly. I like it better this way.

The Oregon City, Portland, Damascus, and Sandy locations have all been looking at me for my card when I enter. The Portland location even asks for your green card when you ask for ammo at the gun counter.

I've been Made to buy a new card 3 times, over the last 19 years; In Gresham or Washougal. I've lived here in the PNW my whole life. Now I have to stand in line with 150+ people. 90% of which are from out of state. To buy less than I shot last weekend. In order to stay fresh with my tools under normal circumstances. We aren't facing normal circumstances locally. Check the card's again. If you're from "Cali" vote different, change your plates asap and buy a bubbleguming BiMart Card you bubblegum! I heart wheel and bolt guns. I vote and voice myself to help us all!

The membership card is basically a way for Bi-mart to ID your written check.
People still do that, write a check? I have not seen that at a store in a hell of a long time. Used to increase my BP a lot when I was behind someone who would chat up the clerk while stuff was being rung up then when it was all done start pulling out the checkbook:mad: Wife one time actually leaned over and said to the person "did you just now realize you had to pay for this stuff?" The clerk was trying really hard not to burst out laughing. I have not seen that in years though. Not even sure where the hell my check books are. Know I have a couple, pretty sure they are in one of the safes but if I had to lay hands on them it would be a search:D

The way it should be
I have not been in a long while but CostCo used to be like that here but, when it came time to pay you did have to prove who you were. Wife has membership and has told me I can have a card if I want. Never bothered. When I would go in with her she would flash hers and no one really looks and never said anything about me. At the register though she can't pay until the see the card. Seems like if BiMart is going to make some pay they should do the same. Not let you checkout without the card.

I have not been in a long while but CostCo used to be like that here but, when it came time to pay you did have to prove who you were. Wife has membership and has told me I can have a card if I want. Never bothered. When I would go in with her she would flash hers and no one really looks and never said anything about me. At the register though she can't pay until the see the card. Seems like if BiMart is going to make some pay they should do the same. Not let you checkout without the card.
That's a system I'd be ok with. means I only have to pull out my wallet once in a way that's actually meaningful instead of gatekeeping harpies wasting their employer's money

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews