JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NW Armory has done well by me before and they are in SE - milwaukie yes but closer to se pdx than Keiths.

I go two ways on my buying - if the SERVICE is good and the staff knowledgeable - I don't mind spending a bit more to buy at an LGS. If the staff are clueless, and the service is poor, I will take the cheapest route to get what I want - to a point. If your prices cant be competitive or near the big box guys you better be stellar. I won't overpay by 20% just because the counter guy was friendly - there has to be more to it. LGS owners need to remember that their customers live on budgets too.

Talked to Nick over at the 122nd & Halsey Bimart and they will be selling hand guns. The case has been ordered. Figure about a month out. I also found out that they will be putting in a Bimart in Scappose.

Talked to Nick over at the 122nd & Halsey Bimart and they will be selling hand guns. The case has been ordered. Figure about a month out. I also found out that they will be putting in a Bimart in Scappose.

Wow, inside PDX? That's shocking, seriously. I thought they may prefer to avoid dealing with Multnomah County/PDX.

Anyone actually spoken to the folks at Oregon City about this yet? I would assume they'll get them, but forgot to ask when I was in there 2 weeks ago.

Anyone actually spoken to the folks at Oregon City about this yet? I would assume they'll get them, but forgot to ask when I was in there 2 weeks ago.

I asked a guy there and he said "if the other stores get them we will". Which I think means the idiot had no idea. I would like to know as that is the closest store to me now.

I asked a guy there and he said "if the other stores get them we will". Which I think means the idiot had no idea. I would like to know as that is the closest store to me now.

I was at the Oregon City store today, and yes, they have a handgun display with (at this time), a small selection of handguns. This might have been a good time to have a person on duty at the gun counter, but there were no worker-bees to be found.o_O

WAYNO.

Nice I wonder when they got that in there. Having no employees with hand guns around seems nuts. I was hoping I would not have to walk around looking for some dummy to grab me ammo now that they have handguns.
There have been times I just left. To good of prices to not go back though.

Took your advice and sent them an e-mail. Can't hurt!!

I understand your situation. My pleasure in this is just seeing another large corporation supporting 2A. I will shop there when the guns arrive because I know of no LGS within a reasonable distance that is worthwhile; Keith's-good selection and prices, poor service and no gunsmith
Allison & Carey's- Four reviews posted currently and can't average two stars among them. Could have written a couple of those reviews myself.
The Gun Room- Really??

If you know of a GOOD LGS in SE, everyone here would like to know about it!!
curts discount shooting supply. on the west side of 99 in milwaukee. about 5 min south of NWarmory. lets put it this way...when i can, i drive from keizer just to go to curts to look around instead of the shops around salem.

I'm glad some folks have had good experiences with Curt's, as I sometimes really have not.

And regardless, unless you're specifically looking for black gun stuff, Curt's is very limited.

But, wasn't this thread about BiMart?:D

Let's see some pics of the new handgun case.

Since I didn't take a picture, close your eyes and picture this...An old school jewelry counter, about 4-feet wide, with three shallow shelves. Means only one person can look at a time.o_O

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
curts discount shooting supply. on the west side of 99 in milwaukee. about 5 min south of NWarmory. lets put it this way...when i can, i drive from keizer just to go to curts to look around instead of the shops around salem.
Sadly, there are very few gun shops left in the Salem area. Ole's, closed. Blackwater tactical, closed. 12th street gun shop, closed. What's left is "gun crafters", sportsman's warehouse, Bimart, and Dicks. I don't really count gun crapers as gun shop that I'd visit.

I guess my point is that there really isn't any dedicated gun shops left in Salem/Keizer. I've driven to Sweet Home for firearms purchases.

Sadly, there are very few gun shops left in the Salem area. Ole's, closed. Blackwater tactical, closed. 12th street gun shop, closed. What's left is "gun crafters", sportsman's warehouse, Bimart, and Dicks. I don't really count gun crapers as gun shop that I'd visit.

I guess my point is that there really isn't any dedicated gun shops left in Salem/Keizer. I've driven to Sweet Home for firearms purchases.
theres always MLC class3 behind kmart and zombie tactical and tick licker firearms in south salem. last gun show in rickreall i was talkin to the guy from zombie tactical and they still were waiting for their ffl. had really good prices on 22 and powder though(compared to everyone else there.)

Thanks mkwerx and v01com13snOw!!
I went to NW Armory several years ago and there selection was really poor. Definitely will stop in the next time I am out that way and give them another shot.
Was in Curt's a couple of months ago. Nothing bad to say, they just didn't have anything that interested me.

I will check out the Meadowlands Bi-Mart tomorrow and see if they are set up yet.

yeah, i was really excited to see bimart bring in handguns! what really bummed me out was when ole and blackwater shut their doors. my saturday routine was bimart to look around then to ole's to BS with him and usually buy some reloading supplies then over to sportsmans to look around and finally blackwater to BS with jason.we NEED A GOOD GUN SHOP in salem. i WILL NOT go to guncrafters.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top