JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I prioritize goals at work all the time and I think a federal reciprocity CC law of any sort would be a "nice to have" as most states it would affect, the people affected already have some way to get that reciprocity for a few dollars more.

With suppressors, there are a LOT of people like me who simply won't go through the hassle to get one now, but would jump on the bandwagon overnight if it didn't mean waiting 6 months and being on the NFA list once I did get one.

Then there are all the people who are not even aware that suppressors are legal (if you jump through the hoops) who would get one if it was a simple walking in the LGS with cash and walking out with a suppressor.

There is also the issue of what currently happens to the suppressor when the person holding the stamp dies. I don't want my kids to go through that hassle, I would much prefer that they simply inherit it without any legal ramifications (i guarantee that they will not apply for a stamp).

I don't even have a concealed carry permit - I just don't carry that much anymore (I used to - both carry and have the permit). I will probably get one as there are a few times I wish I could legally carry concealed, but they are rare.

Now if the SCOTUS fell off the wagon and declared such laws unconstitutional then I would declare it a new Independence Day.

My hope would be that it would make prices more reasonable. I don't understand why something made from a few non-moving parts costs $800.

Limited market
R&D
Some of them use "exotic metals" (e.g. titanium)

But I am sure no small part of it is "because they can".

If the market opened up to where you didn't need an expensive manufacturers license, I bet we would see a lot more suppressors coming from just about anybody with a CNC machine and some design skills - at much better prices.

Got a suppressor and now have three. I only want to shoot suppressed now. Less noise, blast and recoil. Makes shooting more pleasant for sure. Don't want to go back to unsupressed!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top