JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This would pave the way for homemade ones as well just like regular firearms without form1 paperwork.

? I assume so...

For protection of our hearing. Really. Maybe some of these political reps should go shoot an AR carbine and see just how loud they are... Or even an SBR.

Curious how many suppressor mfgs will secretly oppose this idea?

This times a million. Cans over in other countries are considered disposable. Here they are like gold, and as costly.

I'm not sure why any suppressor manufacturers would oppose this. The tax stamp and delay are the ONLY two reasons I don't have several suppressors. If they were a BGC only, I think I would have a few less firearms and suppressors for each application instead.

Now that I have fully thought this through, my wife wont want this to pass....:rolleyes:

The mfgs would get swamped overnight. Even if it cost prices to drop sales would be tenfold without a wait. I would buy one for every gun i owned as would a LOT of us.

I'm not sure why any suppressor manufacturers would oppose this. The tax stamp and delay are the ONLY two reasons I don't have several suppressors. If they were a BGC only, I think I would have a few less firearms and suppressors for each application instead.

Now that I have fully thought this through, my wife wont want this to pass....:rolleyes:

Their profit margins would plummet. All of a sudden 20-30 worth of aluminum can no longer be up charged to 3-400. 80-100 dollars worth of steel and titanium would no longer get you 800-1000 dollars in sales.

Margins in the gun realm are pretty good if you have already paid for the machinery to produce them.

The suppressor side of things is the same. Roughly most of the cost was labor.

I worked next door to a suppressor manufacturer back in Reno and he was a one man shop. He made 50ish cans a day. All automated. The materials cost decent amounts. Roughly 80-200 worth of steel and titanium to produce a 30 cal or bigger can. He charged in the thousands. I know the licensing was likely expensive, but I doubt he wasn't rolling in the profits, even being a fleck in the market share.

The NRA should be using the money they didnt use fighting in Oregon to make TV spots for the big 3 broadcast networks showing how suppressors really sound, what they really do and urging people to push their congress critters to vote yay on this one.

Their profit margins would plummet. All of a sudden 20-30 worth of aluminum can no longer be up charged to 3-400. 80-100 dollars worth of steel and titanium would no longer get you 800-1000 dollars in sales.

Margins in the gun realm are pretty good if you have already paid for the machinery to produce them.

I worked next door to a suppressor manufacturer back in Reno and he was a one man shop. He made 50ish cans a day. All automated. The materials cost decent amounts. Roughly 80-200 worth of steel and titanium to produce a 30 cal or bigger can. He charged in the thousands. I know the licensing was likely expensive, but I doubt he wasn't rolling in the profits, even being a fleck in the market share.

I think the sales numbers would more than make up for any loss in profits due to price decrease needed to stay competitive. I personally think its got a snowballs chance in hell getting passed, but think sales would skyrocket at first then level off to a much higher rate than they are now. With that, overall profit per unit may decrease, but overall sales volume would likely jump quite a bit.

I think the sales numbers would more than make up for any loss in profits due to price decrease needed to stay competitive. I personally think its got a snowballs chance in hell getting passed, but think sales would skyrocket at first then level off to a much higher rate than they are now. With that, overall profit per unit may decrease, but overall sales volume would likely jump quite a bit.

I think so too. I have not bought any yet because Im not paying $200 in sales tax to own one. ear plugs are cheaper. But the moment they did not have a sales tax I'd buy like 10 of them.

The Gooch and his ilk were building AKs a decade ago for $2k plus. Then everybody and their brother realized it isn't that hard for a mechanically inclined person and a few tools to produce a fine AK from a kit. I'm not sure why I would need to pay someone else's husband to build a suppressor for me if it was made legal. Imagine all the "kits" that will be on the market like those "solvent traps"... lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top