JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"i give little credibility to sightings since if you go out looking for a bigfoot you'll find him - the human mind plays tricks which is what I posted earlier in this thread - I saw a partially burned stump and had that pegged for bigfoot when I was a little kid"

Maybe not everyone is as gullible as you... And who said all the sightings were from people that went looking for bigfoot? Why is Bigfoot a mythical creature anyway? We find new animal species all the time..

This is an interesting topic. It reaches a little deeper than just the existence of BF.
I think a lot of folks, even those who do not believe, would like for it to be true. I think deep down, society likes to see that we dont know everything, that our world still holds secrets. Its a little like that 'wild frontier' that many of us seek when we head to the sticks to camp/hunt etc... We like the unknown and a natural world that is just not completely under our control.
My personal perspective? Well, I feel pretty sure it doesnt exist. But I have heard things in the deep dark woods that I couldnt say for sure what it was. I do know this though, if it is out there I hope someone else finds it. :)

Since people are talking about things they cannot explain, I can share a quick story. I am not someone who believe in ghosts. I do not believe in a soul...or any religious aspects of life. I do however believe the human mind is capable of things in times of crisis that we cannot understand. Just as the human body is capable of superhuman feats under certain circumstances.

When I was about six years old I was asleep at my mothers house. I was being raised by my grandparents but I was visiting my sister who still lived with my mom. I was sleeping on the floor in my sisters room when my grandfather walked in to tell us good night. I was surprised to see him because he had left earlier that night to go home. He said good night to me and my sister, told us he loved us, and left the room. A few seconds later my aunt, who was living with my mother, came in to tell us to quit talking and go to bed. We told her we were just saying good night to pawpaw. She then said that she did not know he had come back. After looking for him she could not find him in the house. No more than half an hour later we get a call from the state police and they tell my aunt my grandfather had been pronounced dead at the scene of a motorcycle accident near his home an hour away. The time of the accident was about the same time my sister and I swore he was telling us goodnight.

I hope we never catch em. Bigfoot and Nessie. Instead let it be as an example that we need not remove all the mystery and fun from life just to prove ourselves right about everything.

One thing that makes me wonder about BF is that if the population is small, which it would have to be since we haven't found them, how long would it take to die out? Our species almost died out a few times due to the disease that killed off large percentages of the population. We almost didn't have enough DNA variety to sustain our species. I wouldn't be surprised if BF has actually died off or is about to now. It's not like I hear of many sightings compared to when I was a kid.

Since people are talking about things they cannot explain, I can share a quick story. I am not someone who believe in ghosts. I do not believe in a soul...or any religious aspects of life. I do however believe the human mind is capable of things in times of crisis that we cannot understand. Just as the human body is capable of superhuman feats under certain circumstances.

When I was about six years old I was asleep at my mothers house. I was being raised by my grandparents but I was visiting my sister who still lived with my mom. I was sleeping on the floor in my sisters room when my grandfather walked in to tell us good night. I was surprised to see him because he had left earlier that night to go home. He said good night to me and my sister, told us he loved us, and left the room. A few seconds later my aunt, who was living with my mother, came in to tell us to quit talking and go to bed. We told her we were just saying good night to pawpaw. She then said that she did not know he had come back. After looking for him she could not find him in the house. No more than half an hour later we get a call from the state police and they tell my aunt my grandfather had been pronounced dead at the scene of a motorcycle accident near his home an hour away. The time of the accident was about the same time my sister and I swore he was telling us goodnight.

An all too common story. Several like it have been told over the years in my family. Thanks for sharing.

Keith

We are very often skeptical of anything that defies 'common-sense' which is why we often dismiss things that seem 'ethereal' or 'other-worldly' - meaning things outside our normal everyday experience. And yet one of the most mathematically-precise and experimentally-verified theories - and at the same time one of the most 'ethereal' and 'other-worldly' - is the theory of quantum mechanics.

For example, the only way to explain the observed behavior of a single electron coming into contact with a barrier having two very small but distinct slits in it that are physically separated from one another, is to assume the electron goes through both slits at the same time! No other explanation (except perhaps the pilot-wave theory of de Broglie and Bohm that is not generally accepted by physicists) can account for the observed interference pattern that results when the experiment is run many, many times.

And talking about the human mind, there is still a debate in physics as to what may or may not cause wave function collapse which centers on the transition between atomic and subatomic entities exhibiting statistical, wave-like interference properties and deterministic, point-like particle properties. The great physicist E.P. Wigner believed that 'consciousness causes collapse', although I think some more recent experiments have shown that a secondary electron, acting as an 'observer', can cause collapse of the wave function.

And finally, J.S. Bell showed theoretically, and A. Aspect proved experimentally, that quantum mechanics, if 'real', must be 'non-local'. This ties in to the famous EPR (Einstein, Podolsky and Rosen) paradox where issue was taken with the fact that an observation on one of two quantumly-entagled particles, separated over a potentially vast distance, would result in a violation of causality due to the 'immediate' collapse of the non-observed particle's wave function. Bell and Aspect have proven in fact that this is what actually occurs.

The upshot of all this is that our ideas of 'common-sense' don't hold in the subatomic, microscopic world. Since the entire observed universe is built-up out of subatomic particles, is it any wonder that we might not see some residual 'ethereal' or 'other-worldly' effects propagating into our macroscopic 'classical' world? Food for thought...

For those who want to do a little more laymans' reading on what Capdek just said, look up 'Schroedinger's Cat'. The subatomic world really is spooky and strange and has little analog in our everyday macroscopic life.

Keith

Real or not - if I saw this up close by myself in the woods, I'd probably soil myself - wishing I had something bigger than a .45 on my hip!

med_gallery_2_17_670666.jpg

Most people would just buy the CD! Isn't that Toby Keith?

Around 10 years ago I was coming off a hiking trail in the Salmon la Sac area in Washington. I like to hike in the afternoon, so I reached the trailhead near sundown. Before the main road to Cle Elum, there was a campground. I pulled in to see if it would be worth using in the future. There was one couple there eating dinner. Just a minute into talking, a loud, long noise came out of the woods. A yell combined with a rolling holler. It went on longer than any human could go, and it was not any animal any of us knew knew. And it was really loud - sounded like it came from a distance and had that foggy note from bouncing off trees. It literally sent a chill up and down my back. Definitely not anything I have ever heard before.

After the noise, all of us were quiet, waiting for anything. But that was it. We all had the "WTF" look. I got back into the car and said well, have a nice night. The wife said "I don't think I want to stay here tonight" as I pulled away.

FWIW,my Dad made a casting of a bigfoot foot print in the Tiller area in the 70s. He was a USFS wildlife biologist for 35 years,I remember seeing pics of the casting and the print when I was young,no way in **** it was some hillbilly prank/fake.

As far as he knows the casting and documentation should still be at the Tiller ranger station if anyone is in the area...

One of the biggest skeptics I know is my brother inlaw. All he says about what he saw is " I don't know what it was but it was walking upright and crossed the road in two steps". We asked him if it was big foot. He just replies "I don't know what it was".
Another Brother inlaw who worked grave yard at a vet clinic tells the story of 2 elk hunters who brought in a hurt dog. When he asked what happened they were hesitant to explain but told him that "something big,brown,screamed and smelled terrible" came in to their camp in the middle of the night tearing it apart,picked up the dog and threw it out of sight, and ripped the meat out of the tree it was hanging in then running off. They found the dog 30 minutes later hidding under the truck. The dog only had a dislocated sholder and some scratchs. Vet said the injuries were consistant with their story. Brother inlaw said when the guys came in they looked freaked out and they said that they were leaving their stuff in the woods.

We see, or don't see, what we expect to see.

Unfortunately, this video proves nothing about our discussion, but its something to think about. Watch the team in WHITE shirts. Count how many times they pass the ball. A pass includes a touch pass, bounce pass, chest pass, etc., as long as the ball passes from one person in white shirt to another. I think you'll be surprised at what you miss.

YouTube - ‪selective attention test‬‏

Keith

Bigfoot does not, and cannot exist. Nobody can produce a single piece of contemporary evidence, and the "breeding population" argument pretty much 100% rules out any possible chance that the creature exists on any level anywhere on the planet.

I disagree with part of this statement. To say that big foot "cannot" exsist I think would be incorrect since no one really knows what kind of habitat such a creature would need to survive (forgive my inner geek for speaking up). It could be assumed that such a biped could exsist . After all,we humans have survived some pretty big challanges. Just because no conclusive proof exsists doesn't mean that some form of early man isn't running around out there. If you ask me I believe I would say " I don't know enough to say yes or no yet".

I was watching something on the history channel that said that big foot might have the same rituals that resemble some of our own. They might bury their dead like we do. Maybe that's why we don't see any dead bodies of the big feet out there. And how much times do you hear," When you go out camping in the forest, keep it cleaner than when you got there," or " Take only pictures and leave behind foot prints.":s0114: I think I almost made a joke.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top