JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This was posted on the Ak47 reddit. I don't know what message board the post is pulled from though. (Also I disagree on 5.45 being overrated but to each their own XD)

g8wzlwvnz6j71.jpg

So the way I'm reading this^^^ we have a couple years of stock left. But prices will go up..

Economic warfare. What a bunch of BS from the President "for all Americans".

Punish them at the polls. Local, State, and Federal. See how they like it when they're sent home from the Country Club.

Figures. Just when I get my AR47 reliable and dialed in. Luckily have enough for a while. 25 cent rounds now going for .70. Starting to see a lot of corrosive showing up. Funny, I didn't know about 154gr 7.62x39. That's popping up too.

This was posted on the Ak47 reddit. I don't know what message board the post is pulled from though. (Also I disagree on 5.45 being overrated but to each their own XD)

View attachment 1018018
But there will be those who will take advantage of this - we have already seen people here on the forum jacking up their prices beyond what they were during the panic buying early this year.

Well, officially Wolf has not been using Tula's factory for ammo since 2009. Its likely the Serbian ammo factories are its current producer. So in theory; Central/Eastern European ammo factories should still be available, unless team Biden decides to edit the wording to be caliber specific :rolleyes: but in all seriousness... the gap left will be filled by other companies. Maybe not as cheaply unfortunately.
My Golden Tiger and Wolf were both made in Russia. The Wolf 125gr Steel case and copper jacketed shells can be used inside indoor ranges if the range allows steel cased ammo to be shot there. Golden Tiger has a bimetal bullet so it is not allowed inside indoor ranges.

You can argue "Russophobia" everyone knows that Navaly is being used as a scapegoat for backdoor gun control. This just doesn't effect 762x39 or 5.45. Other calibers like 8mm Mauser are also affected as is 762x54R. Not many other countries produce that. Russia is a huge surplus market for leftover WW2 components 762x54R and 8mm Mauser that was captured. The executive orders by the democrats have long been abused. There is little to no oversight...

So pull a War Dogs? That is arms trafficking and a HUGE no-no. Where it's made is all that matters so Russian steel case ammo is gone. This will reduce competition and drive up prices for all ammo. Russia had its tooling paid off for decades now, new factories will incorporate those costs in the cpr. We will never see super cheap steel case plinking ammo again and brass cased ammo will also likely have a near permanent increase.

I'm liberal but no Democrat. This is backhanded gun control and definitely not a punishment for Russia... we would've gone for their fossil fuels if that were the case. This affects us regular folk who can't afford $100+ range trips regularly, classist for sure. 5.45 (although overrated) is gone also as nobody but Russia really utilizes the caliber.
Bingo. Russia has many of these state-owned factories were made under the Soviet times " paid off" as you said. Tula, Vympel or Amur( far east) ammo plants. Many of them are now privatized or state-owned with a commercial line for export. I'm not sure it's as simple as just " moving" you have to remember they have supply vendors and logistics involved going to these plants. ( railways bringing in steel and components) If they can get smart and dropship them into a neutral country and ship them out that might work. The consequence is increased prices.

Last Edited:
I have noticed 7.62x39 has already increased to .60 cents per round or more on many on line sites.

It is estimated based on importer numbers, American shooters go through 800,000,000 rounds of Russian ammo per year. Currently, there is no way to replace those rounds in the market place.

This ban will definitely impact many popular Russian calibers, however the impact will be felt by every shooter. Expect 223, 9mm and 45 ACP to begin creeping back up in price,

I only wish Bidens actions were cause for impeachment.

I have noticed 7.62x39 has already increased to .60 cents per round or more on many on line sites.

It is estimated based on importer numbers, American shooters go through 800,000,000 rounds of Russian ammo per year. Currently, there is no way to replace those rounds in the market place.

This ban will definitely impact many popular Russian calibers, however the impact will be felt by every shooter. Expect 223, 9mm and 45 ACP to begin creeping back up in price,

I only wish Bidens actions were cause for impeachment.
This is awful for shooters yes, but it's not quite like pushing for an insurrection. It's tough disliking both sides.

You can argue "Russophobia" everyone knows that Navaly is being used as a scapegoat for backdoor gun control. This just doesn't effect 762x39 or 5.45. Other calibers like 8mm Mauser are also affected as is 762x54R. Not many other countries produce that. Russia is a huge surplus market for leftover WW2 components 762x54R and 8mm Mauser that was captured. The executive orders by the democrats have long been abused. There is little to no oversight...
I figure if Navalny/Russia mattered that much, so too would Khashoggi/Saudi Arabia but both sides of the aisle pretty much ended up pretending that never happened. A Ukrainian mayor who is opposed to the ruling party in Ukraine was shot and killed on his porch a few days ago... also doesn't seem to matter.

Pretty much any of the Russia policy over the last few years has had more to do with controlling Americans rather than anything to do with Russia. Too many people support a non-establishment candidate? Claim they're a Russian asset. Too many people questioning official narratives on social media? Claim we need censorship to fight Russian disinformation. Too many people are able to afford guns ammo? Etc, etc

I figure if Navalny/Russia mattered that much, so too would Khashoggi/Saudi Arabia but both sides of the aisle pretty much ended up pretending that never happened. A Ukrainian mayor who is opposed to the ruling party in Ukraine was shot and killed on his porch a few days ago... also doesn't seem to matter.

Pretty much any of the Russia policy over the last few years has had more to do with controlling Americans rather than anything to do with Russia. Too many people support a non-establishment candidate? Claim they're a Russian asset. Too many people questioning official narratives on social media? Claim we need censorship to fight Russian disinformation. Too many people are able to afford guns ammo? Etc, etc
I agree. There's no doubt in my mind that Navaly is also an " asset" of the U.S. he's a minority party in Russia that is planted to engage in subversive activities against Putin. The Obama and Biden administration has long sought to flip Russia as they did in Ukraine. The deep state or " establishment" wants Russia to be a puppet state like Ukraine. Russia runs an independent foreign policy with tons of natural resources. They're literally backed into a corner. Either capitulate to the EU or remain a " Boogeyman" and be placed under sanctions. It's so obvious.

In this case, Navaly is just a scapegoat...

Okay
I'll put my foot in this
Russia is an adversary of the United States. The recent hacking attacks are just the tip of the iceberg of ways Russia works against the US and it's interests. With that in mind, why do folks buy Russian ammo when they must know that some portion of their money is funding attacks on the United States of America? Is cheap (and usually very dirty) ammo that important

(Yeah, I know China; and its a real pain and more expensive to find and buy items not made in China but at least, IMO its worth the effort to not give them money to harm us with.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top