JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay
I'll put my foot in this
Russia is an adversary of the United States. The recent hacking attacks are just the tip of the iceberg of ways Russia works against the US and it's interests. With that in mind, why do folks buy Russian ammo when they must know that some portion of their money is funding attacks on the United States of America? Is cheap (and usually very dirty) ammo that important

(Yeah, I know China; and its a real pain and more expensive to find and buy items not made in China but at least, IMO its worth the effort to not give them money to harm us with.)
That's small potatoes with regards to Russian ammo. Wolf's headquarters is in Anaheim, California :rolleyes: now.. the big money for Russia? Oil and gas products. Again, this year, Russia overtook Mexico of all places, as the 2nd largest exporter of oil and gas products to the United States, behind only Canada... in terms of barrels/day numbers. If the United States' State Department/Dept of Commerce or whatnot had truly wanted to hurt Russia's economy.. they could simply put an oil embargo on Russian oil.

Okay
I'll put my foot in this
Russia is an adversary of the United States. The recent hacking attacks are just the tip of the iceberg of ways Russia works against the US and it's interests. With that in mind, why do folks buy Russian ammo when they must know that some portion of their money is funding attacks on the United States of America? Is cheap (and usually very dirty) ammo that important

(Yeah, I know China; and its a real pain and more expensive to find and buy items not made in China but at least, IMO its worth the effort to not give them money to harm us with.)
Number of reasons. Sanctions hurt the people more than it does the government, Russia would last a long time even if we stopped buying ammo. Secondly, the money they get from us buying ammo is small compared to military contracts. Thirdly, as said before oil is their export.

Truth be told, it doesn't matter to me because our money goes to someone we don't agree with one way or another. No use in pretending.

That's small potatoes with regards to Russian ammo. Wolf's headquarters is in Anaheim, California :rolleyes: now.. the big money for Russia? Oil and gas products. Again, this year, Russia overtook Mexico of all places, as the 2nd largest exporter of oil and gas products to the United States, behind only Canada... in terms of barrels/day numbers. If the United States' State Department/Dept of Commerce or whatnot had truly wanted to hurt Russia's economy.. they could simply put an oil embargo on Russian oil.

Number of reasons. Sanctions hurt the people more than it does the government, Russia would last a long time even if we stopped buying ammo. Secondly, the money they get from us buying ammo is small compared to military contracts. Thirdly, as said before oil is their export.

Truth be told, it doesn't matter to me because our money goes to someone we don't agree with one way or another. No use in pretending.

But your purchases are something you can directly control. We have no say about oil imports but you can choose not to give your personal money to Putin's agents and hackers.
And the millions of dollars spent on Russian munitions is still significant. Will you really care about the Russian people if our lights go out?
eta Even if Wolf's headquarters are in Anaheim, do you really think the money stays there?

But your purchases are something you can directly control. We have no say about oil imports but you can choose not to give your personal money to Putin's agents and hackers.
And the millions of dollars spent on Russian munitions is still significant. Will you really care about the Russian people if our lights go out?
eta Even if Wolf's headquarters are in Anaheim, do you really think the money stays there?
Is the dollar that valuable that its better spent elsewhere, as opposed to tangible durable goods? The money goes everywhere as digits in an ledger.

Without the low cost of imported ammo, not just Russian (although that is a significant chunk, mainly due to all the people with X39 guns and combloc guns); there is literally nothing to keep the prices of domestic (American) ammo down other than being NATO's surplus/warehouse clearinghouse.

Yes we are free to not buy Russian ammo. We are also free to not give in and pay high prices for American ammo as well.

Meh, my money goes to places I don't like one way or another. I might as well get something out of it.

As far as the people go? I usually care about the people more than I do the government. Not everyone can control who their government is or what their government does.

Okay
I'll put my foot in this

I'm gonna (respectfully) disagree with the premise of the assertion. The hacking attacks are probably mostly fiction needed to justify certain policy positions. We have "allies" that treat us worse than the Russians do. Did a Russian cadet shoot up a US airbase? Were most of the 9/11 hijackers Russians? Does the Russian embassy aid in the escape of Russian nationals suspected of rape and/or murder in the US?

In this example I'm of course, speaking of the Saudis, but it's interesting how they're an ally to whom we send billions in aid while complaining about the Russians.

1ydiof70qtj71.jpg

I'm gonna (respectfully) disagree with the premise of the assertion. The hacking attacks are probably mostly fiction needed to justify certain policy positions. We have "allies" that treat us worse than the Russians do. Did a Russian cadet shoot up a US airbase? Were most of the 9/11 hijackers Russians? Does the Russian embassy aid in the escape of Russian nationals suspected of rape and/or murder in the US?

In this example I'm of course, speaking of the Saudis, but it's interesting how they're an ally to whom we send billions in aid while complaining about the Russians.

^^^

THIS x 1,000!

Thank you.

More to say but it is not allowed on this forum.

Cate

I don't completely understand all this. Wolf and Tula ammo mostly disappeared overnight from sites such as Targetsports.

Now, Targetsports has a plethora of commie ammo, and even a better selection than they had before Biden's announcement, for only slightly more than it was before. :confused:

I don't completely understand all this. Wolf ammo disappeared overnight from sites such as Targetsports.

Now, online retailers has a plethora of commie ammo, and even a better selection than they had before Biden's announcement, for only slightly more than it was before.

Not "slightly more". a lot more.

Wolf 6.5 Grendel was $10.99 a box sometime in 2020, now they're going for more than $20 a box. Before the Biden thing, Target Sports had the 6.5 Grendel for $18.99 a box.. which was still a lot more than $10.99 a box 🧐

I don't completely understand all this. Wolf and Tula ammo mostly disappeared overnight from sites such as Targetsports.

Now, Targetsports has a plethora of commie ammo, and even a better selection than they had before Biden's announcement, for only slightly more than it was before. :confused:
My opinion, they all pulled there available inventory to see what the market would be. Then relisted as such.

Capitalism.

The best system there is. Also my opinion.

My opinion, they all pulled there available inventory to see what the market would be. Then relisted as such.

Capitalism.

The best system there is. Also my opinion.

Yet here you are responding in a thread about Russian ammo designed during the Soviet times. Particularly for a rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov a young Soviet tank Sgt in the Red Army. The irony!

Yet here you are responding in a thread about Russian ammo designed during the Soviet times. Particularly for a rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov a young Soviet tank Sgt in the Red Army. The irony!
Eh, the factories there are cranking out as much new inventory as can be sold, and they're obviously making bank on that. Also making massive bank on selling oil to the US; so yeah, purely capitalism there now, as opposed to only making enough to meet the Red Army's needs and no one else getting supplied except Soviet satellite countries/groups :rolleyes:

Just to clarify.

Wolf does not manufacture any ammo. They purchase ammo from different manufacturers around the world and market ammo using the Wolf label. Wolf has sourced ammo from Germany, Taiwan, England, Israel, Russia, former eastern block countries and other nations.

Tula is a Russian ammo manufacturer.

Just to clarify.

Wolf does not manufacture any ammo. They purchase ammo from different manufacturers around the world and market ammo using the Wolf label. Wolf has sourced ammo from Germany, Taiwan, England, Israel, Russia, former eastern block countries and other nations.

Tula is a Russian ammo manufacturer.
This is true. The manufacturer for the Wolf 6.5 Grendel I got are Barnaul in Russia

Yeup, capitalism. We buy from People Republic of China, we no complain. We buy AK, or ammo, is problem.

Is rifle, is fine. Where problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads