JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hopefully wolf and the big namers will just re label since a lot of them are made in other regions that are not Russia. There are ways around it. I am sure there are more than one reason for multiple plants

Yep most wolf, and all tula, RAS (uses tula), brown/gold/silver bear, and barnaul.
The thing about Wolf... is that according to some sources; "Since 2009 The Tula Cartridge Plant and Ulyanovsk Machinery Plant (owned by Tula Cartridge Works since 2005) no longer manufacture cartridges for Wolf due to legal disputes.[2] Wolf now uses new European suppliers."
[2] Jenzen-Jones, N.R. Working Paper #18 - Following the Headstamp Trail: An Assessment of Small-calibre Ammunition Documented in Syria. Small Arms Survey, Geneva. (April, 2014). [Footnote 18, Pg. 50]

Edit. Okay. Looks like Barnaul is the current provider for the Wolf ammo according to headstamp images.

Not sure who's providing Wolf with Russian made ammo after that... because Wolf's own website mentions that most of the ammo they offer are from Russia.

Last Edited:
The thing about Wolf... is that according to some sources; "Since 2009 The Tula Cartridge Plant and Ulyanovsk Machinery Plant (owned by Tula Cartridge Works since 2005) no longer manufacture cartridges for Wolf due to legal disputes.[2] Wolf now uses new European suppliers."
[2] Jenzen-Jones, N.R. Working Paper #18 - Following the Headstamp Trail: An Assessment of Small-calibre Ammunition Documented in Syria. Small Arms Survey, Geneva. (April, 2014). [Footnote 18, Pg. 50]

Edit. Okay. Looks like Barnaul is the current provider for the Wolf ammo according to headstamp images.

Not sure who's providing Wolf with Russian made ammo after that... because Wolf's own website mentions that most of the ammo they offer are from Russia.
All the steel cased Wolf I've bought in the last several years has been made by Barnaul, Klimovsk, or Novosibirsk, depending on cartridge and whether it's branded as "Military Classic", "Polyformance", etc. It's possible they sold Ukrainian ammo but as far as I know that stopped several years ago.

All the steel cased Wolf I've bought in the last several years has been made by Barnaul, Klimovsk, or Novosibirsk, depending on cartridge and whether it's branded as "Military Classic", "Polyformance", etc. It's possible they sold Ukrainian ammo but as far as I know that stopped several years ago.
The ammo manufacturing plant in Ukraine got bombed and tooling destroyed.

The ammo manufacturing plant in Ukraine got bombed and tooling destroyed.
Well, normally not a good thing if the opposing side has capability of making ammo. Depending on which side you're on.
Was talking about from the Russian point of view.
Well yeah, they can't have em having ammo.

Awww....Come On Man
They were Ukrainian separatist ......not Russians.

Is that you Joe?

Aloha, Mark

Hopefully wolf and the big namers will just re label since a lot of them are made in other regions that are not Russia. There are ways around it. I am sure there are more than one reason for multiple plants
I don't think Customs/et. al. care about the label/brand, they will look at the country the customs forms say the ammo was manufactured in.

So pull a War Dogs? That is arms trafficking and a HUGE no-no. Where it's made is all that matters so Russian steel case ammo is gone. This will reduce competition and drive up prices for all ammo. Russia had its tooling paid off for decades now, new factories will incorporate those costs in the cpr. We will never see super cheap steel case plinking ammo again and brass cased ammo will also likely have a near permanent increase.

I'm liberal but no Democrat. This is backhanded gun control and definitely not a punishment for Russia... we would've gone for their fossil fuels if that were the case. This affects us regular folk who can't afford $100+ range trips regularly, classist for sure. 5.45 (although overrated) is gone also as nobody but Russia really utilizes the caliber.

Wolf does have other factories besides the ones in Russia. Other big label companies do import ammo from other places besides Russia. The problem though is that Russia and China are the two big markets for steel cased and Berdan primed cartridges. Boxer primers and brass cartridges are the domain of other countries, especially the United States and Canada.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top