JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Midway has brown bear still in stock but it's limited to 3 boxes of 20 for 8$ each and shipping is almost 13$ on top of that. So not really worth it imo.

Countries that make AK ammo.

83AECCEC-B9E3-4B9E-8798-A399CA75D8C1.jpeg

AK's were fun when you could buy 500 rounds of wolf for $50,
Well shoot... l was finally warming up to the idea of jumping into the AK pool. Almost dove into the shallow end a few days ago when PSA was blowing out their AKs. Only reason l didn't was because l was too slow and they were (predictably) OOS when l got there.
its the mix of affordability and availability of the round. If its not available at a price it becomes more of a niche gun
Also a "reason" that's ALWAYS listed as to why people hate .40 S&W... it's more expensive than 9mm. boohoo.
Yeah... a little bit. But it's at least available.

What about Poland and Czechoslovakia? They're pretty gunned-up and US-friendly... do they have any export ammo?

Well shoot... l was finally warming up to the idea of jumping into the AK pool. Almost dove into the shallow end a few days ago when PSA was blowing out their AKs. Only reason l didn't was because l was too slow and they were (predictably) OOS when l got there.

Also a "reason" that's ALWAYS listed as to why people hate .40 S&W... it's more expensive than 9mm. boohoo.
Yeah... a little bit. But it's at least available.

What about Poland and Czechoslovakia? They're pretty gunned-up and US-friendly... do they have any export ammo?
S&B is czech and they sell a crapload of 7.62x39. Listen, its not going anywhere but 7.62 is not going to be cheap any more.

S&B is czech and they sell a crapload of 7.62x39. Listen, its not going anywhere but 7.62 is not going to be cheap any more.
I didn't know that... l like S&B ammo, got quite a bit of it in my stash. Thanks.

I realize that 7.62 isn't going away, and that someone will eventually fill the void. But right now, stepping into a new platform and cartridge seems like an unwise move. Probably smarter to keep building stores of the 7 or 8 calibers l already have.

Right now, that thumbhole stock Mak90 that l bought in the 90s (and sold after years of collecting dust) is in someone's safe asking, "Do you miss me yet?".

I used to reload 7.62X39 years ago when I was working up subsonic rounds. . Still got a bunch of brass but I can't find my old rcbs 308/310 dies. Just ordered a set of amazon for less than the shell plate for my Hornady press costs I'm sure. In any case 308 bullets in a X39 case not a problem. You lose a LITLE accuracy but I'm not much of a accuracy shooter.

At this rate i am just going to get a 50BMG. Prices seem stable on that and ammo has been available the whole pandemic.

I am getting really tired of this timeline.

I have loaded a bunch of 7.62x39. I just ordered some of the brass cased bellom fmj from global to see if the brass is decent for reloading. Bad news on the import ban as wolf military classic hp shot fantastic out of a couple of builds.

This will cause a "bit" of an extension to the current ammunition blight, unfortunately.

Just checked ammo seek, cheapest 7.62x39 Is at $.475 per round, plus shipping.

Also looks as though SGammo is either completely out, or has pulled all of such for sale until he can get an idea on an accurate market price. No judgement by me if that's what he did, that's capitalism & reasonable for any businessman to do.

PLUS he had been mentioning the possibility of a ban on Russian small arms ammunition for years now...as a reminder for folks to stock up when he had it cheap!

Buy once cry once. Getting it now you pay through the nose but you can at least be sure you have some. Tomorrow is another day and there is no telling what it brings .

I am lucky, I am too old to care much about the future and don't need to stockpile. Plus I reload. :s0093: :)

Have a great day gents and enjoy life, time is counting down.

Whatever platform and chambering you are committed to if you haven't previously stacked it deep you have been living under a rock.
Upside tho, I could probably sell off some Tula 5.56 at a decent profit. If I wanted to. Bought a bunch after the last blight. We don't shoot it. Prefer brass in the caliber.

ammo seek shows 5.56/.223 back up to near $.50 per round, plus ship...

Not familiar with this site so don't know if it's true.

"
New sanctions imposed today under the CBW Act include:

1. Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.
  2. Additional Department of Commerce export restrictions on nuclear and missile-related goods and technology pursuant to the Export Control Reform Act of 2018.
These sanctions also include a continuation of measures imposed on March 2, 2021, as well as in 2018 and 2019 in response to the poisoning of Sergey Skripal and his daughter, along with the waivers associated with these sanctions. For information about the waivers, please see 86 FR 14804 and 84 FR 44671.
I think that has always been in there. Or something similar, as is the case with foreign nations which tend to engage in rather loopy behavior.

At this rate i am just going to get a 50BMG. Prices seem stable on that and ammo has been available the whole pandemic.

I am getting really tired of this timeline.
Good rifles aren't cheap, cheap rifles aren't good and very few people like throwing handfuls of dollars out their barrel with every pull of the trigger. I happen to enjoy mine immensely and recommend getting one if you're able

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top