JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, Huffpost users are retarded and have an extremely short memory. Here's one of the comments:

7 minutes ago ( 7:52 PM)
If James Holmes had used a shotgun in that theater in Aurora, CO, many more people would be de.ad today.

Except Holmes DID use a shotgun. His AR-15 jammed almost immediately with the garbage Beta mag. Most of the people in Aurora were killed with a shotgun, but the media chose to focus entirely on the evil-looking AR-15. The gun that Biden is suggesting you buy, was the primary weapon used in Aurora.

Five or six responses to that comment, not a single user has managed to inform the commenter. Of course, they just don't even know.

Gotta love Biden, what an idiot.
At least in WA State if you hang the ole shotgun out the back door and blast off a couple of rounds and hit someone thats an agrivated assault charge. Worse yet you kill them and see a man slaughter or murder charge! :huh:

The more these morons talk, including the general anti gun liberal morons that aren't elected to office, the more I realize they are absolutely the dumbest people on the planet. I can't find the words to describe how DUMB these people are. It boggles my mind.

Wow, Huffpost users are retarded and have an extremely short memory. Here's one of the comments:

Except Holmes DID use a shotgun. His AR-15 jammed almost immediately with the garbage Beta mag. Most of the people in Aurora were killed with a shotgun, but the media chose to focus entirely on the evil-looking AR-15. The gun that Biden is suggesting you buy, was the primary weapon used in Aurora.
Any official report out on that yet? According to wiki, he started with the 870 then he got off somewhere around 30 rounds from the AR before it jammed before switching to the Glock.

He then fired a 12-gauge Remington 870 Express Tactical shotgun, first at the ceiling and then at the audience. He also fired a Smith & Wesson M&P15[11] semi-automatic rifle with a 100-round drum magazine, which malfunctioned after reportedly firing fewer than 30 rounds.[11][12][13] Finally, he fired a Glock 22 handgun.[14][15] He shot first to the back of the room, and then toward people in the aisles.[

Gotta love Biden, what an idiot.
At least in WA State if you hang the ole shotgun out the back door and blast off a couple of rounds and hit someone thats an agrivated assault charge. Worse yet you kill them and see a man slaughter or murder charge! :huh:

Yeah.

We want to have a conversation on gun safety.

**Vice President suggests buying a shotgun and firing it blindly into the air to ward off intruders.**

The more these morons talk, including the general anti gun liberal morons that aren't elected to office, the more I realize they are absolutely the dumbest people on the planet. I can't find the words to describe how DUMB these people are. It boggles my mind.

Not dumb - that insults the uneducated and those who are medically mentally challenged. I believe the term the current administration would use is "properly and well indoctrinated" - Many are book smart and even have degrees - in those cases PHD refers to piled higher and deeper.

Yes I will take self defense advice from a career politician who now has secret service protection. Sorry crazy Joe, I'm pretty sure if an intruder was attempting to break into my house and I fired my shotgun off my back porch I would be going to jail. It amazes me how they are constantly talking about hunting, skeet shooting, home defense, etc and how gun control wouldn't effect those things but they seem to forget the original intent of the 2A is also to protect ourselves from a tyrannical gov't. I don't think a double barrel shotgun would do much while they're currently authorizing drone attacks on US citizens.

Biden suggests shotgun, not AR-15, for self-defense - Washington Times

Considering a shotgun sprays a lot more lead using rounds that have a tendency to over-penetrate in close quarters, I think his advice to use a shotgun instead of an AR for self-defense is absurd and even dangerous. My AR is my home defense gun and is loaded with rounds that will fragment versus shotgun rounds that will over-penetrate and have a greater chance of hitting and killing one of my neighbors. The AR rounds are perfect for close-quarter, suburban/urban home defense situations which you need an effective round to stop a human that won't penetrate several layers of wall. Frangible, ballistic, even HP rounds will not penetrate even as much as many handgun rounds, much less buckshot or a shotgun slug. Leaving Biden's comment aside, I personally think a shotgun is not a great home defense weapon in many situations, unless you live in a place where over-penetration is not an issue. Besides the point. Also, the chance of my AR rounds at 10ft missing a bad guy are quite slim. Also, controlling my AR and taking follow-up shots are much easier than with heavier recoil of a "double-barrel" shotgun as Joe Biden suggests people use.

Once again, the thugs in the White House sharing bogus advice which is masking their real intentions of empowering the government and stripping law-abiding citizens of their right to own guns and defend themselves. Will Biden pay the court fees of the person who's 00 buckshot

Probably, Biden will eventually enforce that people should only be allow to own birdshot as other rounds are too dangerous and "unnecessary".

AN interesting article in Guns & Ammo that basically explains through testing and research that the AR-15 (or other rifles that shoot 223 round), in many cases, may be the ultimate rifle for home-defense:
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/02/10/long-guns-short-yardage-is-223-the-best-home-defense-caliber/

On the same note, since Biden thinks double-barrel shotguns are better weapons for CQB defense situations, we should have him enforce the same rules on our SWAT teams who find themselves in similar situations to many people in CQB defense situations. They should be stripped of their M4s and replaced with double-barrel shotguns, as Biden suggests.

Obviously, the SWAT guys would not be happy with this, nor should any person who has the right to defend themselves, their families and homes and not worry about killing their neighbor's kids on the other side of the walls or next house over, in the name of "political correctness". The real reason for Biden's idiotic and irrational statement.

I got to get my girlfriend to read this so she stops wanting to shoot the AR all the time and starts shooting the 12ga more. She keeps saying the AR is easier to shoot and is more comfortable. Maybe this will help her see how misinformed she is! Maybe all the kick she complains about is just because its not a double barrel shotgun and shes not firing off two shots at once as the vice press recomends!

According to the VP I can go outside right now and 'blast into the air' a couple of shots to scare off an intruder. By the time and if the cops show I can just say 'I am using the appropriate technique the VP has suggested' as my defense in questioning on the spot.

In fact we should all have a 'national blast two shots in the air' day in recognition to how smart the VP is!

If I were Mossberg or Remington I would be using this clowns words as part of my new sales campaign..... Mossberg 500..... The official blast two rounds in the air to ward off intruders shotgun.

Seriously though, I believe this was the same argument the Brits heard back in the day. Lets ban these firearms but you still have shotguns to defend yourself with. Few years later there was a massive PR campaign against shotguns and how devastating they were. I remember a billboard in great Britain that had a massive sized picture of a shotgun wound on a mans back.. Looked like he was hit with #4 shot. Pretty gory and pretty effective cause the Brits soon banned shotguns.... This was in the last 30 years!

Yo Joe.... Just say No to gun control!

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews