JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know several people in LA county with CCP's. Its not that difficult to get one.
LA county covers a large area. I would argue how easy. But I would fight for all my 10 rounds if I lived there.

I wonder if legal carriers have to announce to the police if they are carrying.

Not in Texas….. it's one of my retirement location considerations.
You might want to spend some time on Texasguntalk.com gun forum before you decide. Shooting and hunting there is done primarily on private property. If you don't own a spread, it kinda sucks. And the cites are a frigging mess.

Otherwise, I hear the TexMex is pretty good... made by authentic Texicanos.

Always be vigilant.

-E-

50a375c5ce3a3.jpeg

1) "Can't wait until they find out that real guns don't have infinite ammunition capacity, unlike their movies."
Or a "wound" setting so you don't have to kill anybody. That could be the next requirement after microstamping.

2) "Otherwise, I hear the TexMex is pretty good... made by authentic Texicanos."
When we moved to TX (2003-2006) I was expecting great Mexican food. The disappointment was palpable.
As much as I despise the DPRK I must admit they had the best Mexican cuisine. Here in the Great PNW gavachos who like Real Mexican Food are pretty rare.

3) In TX shooting over property is only OK after dark. The value of the stolen property is irrelevant.
When we lived there a guy shot a couple of orcs who were burglarizing his neighbor's house. The usual suspects bleated about it, and the shooter had no repercussions beyond the concomitant heartburn that accompanies any DGU. 2 less turds in the gene pool.

Skip 'em all. Sadie's in Albuquerque (west side lodation) is worth making a detour.

Texas is for great steaks, their style of BBQ, and gigantic portions.C

California is sadly for avoiding. A hundred years ago you couldn't have made me leave San Diego, but it isn't worth the expense, condescending attitudes and crazies.

Last Edited:
2) "Otherwise, I hear the TexMex is pretty good... made by authentic Texicanos."
When we moved to TX (2003-2006) I was expecting great Mexican food. The disappointment was palpable.
As much as I despise the DPRK I must admit they had the best Mexican cuisine. Here in the Great PNW gavachos who like Real Mexican Food are pretty rare.
Yah, I have no idea. But AFAIK "TexMex" is not that same as authentic Mexican cuisine. It is dishes like Fajitas, and Chili con Carne, etc. Most of us don't realize that what we eat thru all the USA is not authentic Mexican cuisine. I had Mexican friends in S Calif and they would tell me about it all the time. For instance, there is no Taco Salad in Mexico. They eat more like what we buy at the roadside taco coaches, and that's just the carnitas side of things. When I worked in East L.A., I used to enjoy going into "Hole in the Wall" type mom/pop Mexican restaurants and ordered stuff like marinated octopus w/capers.

This may be helpful:

Tex Mex vs. Mexican Cuisine

So, how do you know for sure whether you're eating real Mexican food or Tex Mex? It's actually pretty simple: look at the ingredients. All of the following are staple ingredients of Tex Mex cooking, but not often found in authentic Mexican cooking:
  • Yellow cheese
  • Ground beef
  • Flour tortillas
  • Hard taco shells
  • Canned tomatoes
  • Black beans
  • Refried beans
  • Chili powder
  • Cumin
  • Sour cream
https://www.groupon.com/articles/what-is-tex-mex

That list is just like Americanized Mex food. But the Fajitas and Con Carne are specific to TexMex.

Skip 'em all.

Texas is for great steaks, their style of BBQ, and gigantic portions.C

California is sadly for avoiding. A hundred years ago you couldn't have made me leave San Diego, but it isn't worth the expense, condescending attitudes and crazies.
Agree with all that.

BBQ is the most popular in TX as far as I can tell. And most would prefer BBQ brisket over a steak any day of the week.

I was raised in Pomona, then moved to Huntington Beach, then San Diego was my last duty station in the USCG. I left in 1980 and never looked back. It had gotten too crowded even then. The folks lived in Santee, now even that place is a zoo. Problem with SD is there are too many dang Californians there. Course they have border jumpers too. We had them coming thru the hills into Harbison Canyon and begging for food/water. Now I think more than half SD county is populated with migrants. Tho I don't understand how they could afford the typical $800,000 for an avg home.

Virtually all ethnic food in US is completely unknown in the country or cultures it supposedly came from. Chinese food is a classic example.

Virtually all ethnic food in US is completely unknown in the country or cultures it supposedly came from. Chinese food is a classic example.
Watch what the owners or staff eat. They're always slurping something warm and sloppy out of a small bowl and never once have I seen them eat po flied lice or sweet n sour pork. :D

Watch what the owners or staff eat. They're always slurping something warm and sloppy out of a small bowl and never once have I seen them eat po flied lice or sweet n sour pork. :D
When I was doing inspections, I was at the home and biz of a couple of such restaurant owners.... after that, I would never ever eat in those places again. UGH!!

BTW, in the USCG most of the cooks were Filipino. I once ate what they were eating... it was Fish-head soup. Very tasty/spicy but very gross sifting the scales out with my teeth and then there were those eyeballs looking at me...

I'll admit it, I watched me more than my fair share of 90210. Had a crush on "Donna" (Tori Spelling). As I grew up and found out how flawed my choice had been, I refrained from any crushes between 5th and 8th grade.
View attachment 1098913
In elementary school I was in lub with Blair (Lisa Whelchel) from Facts Of Life. I was already use to snobby rich bi+che$ by then so she wasn't a hard sell. :D

I find it almost comical that the liberal Hollywood elitists have resorted to buying guns for self defense now that their pristine neighborhoods are being invaded by criminals. They voted far left all these years and mocked gun owners and the 2nd Amendment but now they are waking up to the nightmare they created. Can't say I feel sorry for them after they have been trying to destroy and ridicule the rest of us all these years. What's truly sad is that they probably won't change their voting habits one bit. What's truly funny is that they are likely finding out that those "gun show loopholes" they screamed about really don't exist and they have to follow the same procedures that everyone else does for buying a gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top