JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those wet tumblers out there, what cleaning solutions do you use? I use the Frankford Arsenal Brass Cleaning Solution with some mixed results. I know many of you use Lemi-Shine and Dawn dish washing soap recipe; I just found that such recipe does not give the brass that new shine that I am looking for. Are there other such cleaning solutions that others have found works well? I see things like the Lyman solution but that may be only for ultrasonic cleaning. Thanks for all your answers.

I've had great results with the Frankford packets. So much so that I bought a bunch more plus their bottle of liquid cleaning soln.

Pffff

1oz Armor All car soap with some LemiShine. The shine will last for a very, very long time. Rinse in cold water as to not remove the wax.

Leaves a caranuba was fil that preserves it and makes pistol cases run slick years later.

313C3A7B-C592-454C-80D4-4295E80B47B5.jpeg

I use dawn and citric acid that I buy in 5lb bags on Amazon, makes my cases look new. Maybe try a different amount of ingredients if it doesnt work as well for you?

Good advice. I know I was too aggressive with the lemishine (aka citric acid) initially and it actually dulled the brass. Just a pinch goes a long ways.

I've never worried about shiny brass. All I care about is clean brass. I use Dawn and Lemi-SHine in my wet rotary tumbler, and of course deprime the brass first. Once it's clean I use my rotary sifter to separate the water, and lay them out on a towel to dry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top