JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
84 Charlie Mopic.
No hollywood effects, no soundtrack, Its a low budget "mock documentary" using "found footage" filming that literally puts you right there in the eyes of one soldier in the battle, the camera man ("charlie mopic").

free:

Starting with one of my personal favorites (as a Finnish-American):

Talvisota (in English, The Winter War) -- less than 30,000 Finns holding off 100,000 Russians in '39-'40) - in Finnish, w/English sub-titles -- super timely today!

My other favorites, in no particular order (although my USMC/USN bias shows):

The Caine Mutiny (Bogart!)

Mr. Roberts (to this day, one of the most accurate -- and the funniest ever - portrayals of the Navy)

In Harm's Way (The Duke! Best of the WW II naval battle epics)

Sands of Iwo Jima (The Duke again)

Platoon (of course)

The Siege of Firebase Gloria (more R. Lee Ermey)

Hamburger Hill, my pick as the best of the Viet Nam War flicks

Sergeant York (hey, I AM an American)

Band of Brothers (my dad belonged to The Greatest Generation)

My honorable mention for best-ever portrayal of boot camp goes to

Full Metal Jacket

Hamburger Hill and Saving Private Ryan for their realistic portrayal of battle
Heartbreak Ridge just for the hell of it
Heartbreak ridge isn't a war movie, it's a love story.
MV5BYjQ4ODg4YjktMTFlOS00YjdkLWE4ZDctYTBhYmYwNDdhM2ZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Maybe not the best war movie ever...*
But one of my favorite movies ever :
Kelly's Heroes.
Andy
* It might not really be a war movie...but that is a discussion for a different thread....
I give it a top mark for the best intro song and first five minutes of any flick... Burning Bridges and the capture German general, going through the checkpoint...

I saw an advance showing of Saving Private Ryan with only vets (and their families), mostly WW II vets... the Normany beach sequence was the most emotion I've ever seen in a movie theater. Several of the guys were being consoled by their wives/children, audible weeping, lots of handkerchiefs and kleenex. Incredibly intense. I had to go see the movie again soon afterward, because I'd mostly been watching the audience during the first twenty minutes.

I thought it was about an old guy who has been there and done that showing up a bunch of wannabee management types and young slackers who couldn't find their d***s with a map and a magnifying glass. Kinda like every day at work for me.
It's 2 different stories.
But I always saw it as the cowboy going on 1 last roundup, then coming home to get back his girl.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top