JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not "good" shows per se, but I always had a good time watching American Bandstand, Dance Fever (w Denny Terrio!), and Solid Gold with my Dad... we made fun of the dancers (and hosts) relentlessly... that was late 70s when disco was king and those people desperately deserved it.

Man, there's some old guys here! I watched most of those shows too! Happened to catch "Gomer Pyle USMC" last night. I had to ask myself if I really watched that back in '65? Yep! A lot of those shows were good back then, not so much now though. Matter of an individuals taste for sure. A lot of the old ones, late '50s-'60s had messages with them. Andy Griffith for one. What are some of the messages in current shows? :s0153:
Big Bang Theory, Last Man Standing and Cops as far as modern shows.

I notice a distinct lack of love for proceedurals like NCIS, Law and Order, etc.
My GF likes those, I find them unwatchable... it's one of the few things we disagree about.

Sometimes we watch Master Chef, I spend a good part of the show saying, "I'd eat that" and her saying, "You always say that".

'c-mon man: Gunny Time

in my ever list -- shows I could sit and watch again
Rockford Files --
Maverick --
The Shield -- Michael Chiklis, Catherine Dent, Walton Goggins
NYPD Blues -- Dennis Franz, Charlotte Ross, Gail O'Grady
Justified -- Walton Goggins, Timothy Olyphant,
Deadwood -- Timothy Olyphant, Ian McShane,Powers Boothe, Kim Dickens
The Wire -- Wendell Pierce
Suits -- earlier seasons -- Wendell Pierce Sarah Rafferty, the Princess, and Gina Torres
Firefly -- Gina Torres, Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin (Serenity)
That 70's Show -- Topher Grace, Laura Prepon, Mila Kunis
The Ranch -- Ashton Kutcher, Debra Winger, Sam Elliott
Orange is the New Black Laura Prepon,
Life - Damian Lewis, (not the BBC series )
Breaking Bad -- Bob Odenkirk
Better Call Saul -- Bob Odenkirk
M*A*S*H - earlier seasons --
The Soprano's --
House of Cards -- I haven't seen the latest
House -- Hugh Laurie, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard
. Top Gear - with the original 3 and definitely not the USA version.
Dexter
The Bugs Bunny Show (1960)
The Flintstones
Scooby-doo (before scrappy)
The Jetsons
. Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (and the others in this series: Spartacus: War of the Damned)
Entourage
The Drew Cary Show -
Last Man Standing --

Band of Brothers -- more of a Mini-series - Scott Grimes, Damian Lewis, Ron Livingston
Homeland - earlier seasons - Damian Lewis, Mandy Patinkin, Morena Baccarin
Billions -- Damian Lewis,

IMDb Top Rated TV Shows
The Top Rated TV Shows list only includes TV series and TV mini series.
  • The list is ranked by a formula which includes the number of ratings each show received from users, and value of ratings received from regular users
  • To be included on the list, a series or mini series must receive ratings from at least 5000 users, and a TV series must also have aired at least 5 episodes

. Rick and Morty (2013) ???? I keep hearing that I need to check this one out

IMDb Top TV Meter

Last Edited:
Not necessarily "best ever," but I thought of this thread earlier tonight while I was lifting weights. Mrs. Teflon and I try to squeeze in a workout most eves before dinner and we've been catching a recorded cooking contest called Chopped. Takes 45 minutes when we zoom the commercials and it sends us back upstairs starving. Tonight they had kid chefs (seriously 10-12 years old), who've forgotten more about gourmet cooking than we will ever know. Poised, knowledgeable, really skilled and a lot of fun to watch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top