JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20191107_023611.jpg

UFO S.H.A.D.O.W. Control.

I never made it past 15 minutes of any show listed throughout page one. (never made it to subsequent pages)
Thank God, my wife, and myself (in that order) for my shop filled with tools. Without it, I would have been a total vegetable.

It is crystal clear now why nearly nothing I have voted for, more importantly against, (politicians, bond issues, regulations, laws, etc.)over my lifetime, rarely came to fruition.

This is a tough thread, but in no particular order:

Miami Vice
Crime Story
Dragnet
Adam-22
CHiPs (now I have a BIL that's retired CHP cycle officer)
M*A*S*H
Vega$
Magnum PI
Police Story
The Rookies
The Mod Squad
Police Woman
Blue Bloods
Hill Street Blues
Chicago PD
Mannix
Cannon
Barnaby Jones
Streets of San Francisco
Emergency!
Fresh Prince of BelAir
COPS
Live PD

I'll stop, there seems to be a theme here...
Yep Magnum PI was a favorite as well as StarGate

Regarding my avatar: Sledge Hammer to Captain Trunk's question:
"No, it's not a silencer. This little doodad is my own invention. I call it a LOUDENER"

Last Edited:
1 The old, old ORIGINAL Law and Order.

(Jerry Orbach and others are in this show.) I have the set here.

2 Rawhide

I still watch this on and off. I have the set here.

3 Wagon Train

I still watch this on and off. OTA reception. I had a partial set of Wagon Train. I could not find the complete set. I watched it many times and finally donated it to the library. It gets checked out often by other people.

4 Gunsmoke

I watch this on and off. OTA reception. I have the original first season here.

5 Jag

I have the complete set of this series.

6 Longmire

We have the set since we do not have cable or a dish for the boob tube and we only use a tiny indoor antenna for OTA reception. We are watching this again now.

7 Perry Mason

I don't watch this on a regular basis but I may do this again. OTA reception.

8 I went back and looked at some shows that I enjoyed years ago. My MT husband hardly had time to watch the boob tube and rarely did watch the boob tube in his 'former life'. LOL The original, old Magnum PI and Murder She Wrote. We donated the Magnum PI set and we had the first season of MSW and we donated that too.

9 I used to watch a couple of other shows ON and OFF and when I looked at them again, I knew that I was not imagining some things YEARS AGO with social engineering things INSERTED into the PROGRAMMING.

10 So many of the newer shows are ANTI GUN, pro other things that I absolutely do Not agree with and think are immoral or a SIN, no offense to some of you here with my blunt talk, they are full of SJW crapola, they make most old, white men or young white man look like dummies, bigots, and tons more and that IS very obvious to me, etc. Comedies are NOT funny. The talk shows STINK. The other shows have NO plot or chemistry among the actors. Etc.!

11 We basically do not watch much on the boob tube (OTA) and it is turned off. And if it is turned on we do LIKE many BRITISH MYSTERIES and NATURE SHOWS and that sort of thing on PBS.

I like many Christmas shows but NOT all of them on PBS and on other OTA stations like ION which is FREE too. PBS is paid with TAX DOLLAR MONEY and donations so it is NOT really FREE. Apologies to the forum.

The ION station is free, has commercials, and is part of one OTA station here in MT. ADDED more here.

12 I LOVE, love and love those British MYSTERIES like ENDEAVOR. My MT husband likes it too. My MT husband finally got to see some ancient British mystery show that I used to watch. I watched it again 2 times. He watched it once and said it was too DARK for him. He did not care for it even though Helen Mirren was in it.
I like the British VICTORIA show on PBS even if I think that her husband can be a pain in the butt and is too MOODY in it sometimes. She can be a pain sometimes in it but basically I love that VICTORIA show about the Queen. LOL

13 We usually READ side by side in our chairs. I like to read in bed sometimes and he does not like to read in bed. So we are in silence, reading books, reading a LOT online, I watch or listen to some online shows with debates and that sort of thing, he listens to some talk radio but basically TURNS a lot of it OFF, and when the boob tube is on - he is very selective. I am selective too.

Sorry if this is too long for some of you. Some of my shows are NOT in exact order but they are close to it. I may have forgotten some of them too.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
PS:

I do not know many of the shows that some of you have posted.

Some of the shows that I do know about were SO SO to me. I did not watch them.

I never cared for Star Trek shows or the movies.

I never liked comic book shows or movies like Batman or the other ones.

I did enjoy some OLD, old detective shows but I did not LOVE them and I did not always watch them on a regular basis. If they were on, I might have paid attention to them but I was not glued to the boob tube.

Old Lady Cate

Dragnet
Adam 12
NYPD BLUE
The sopranos
Quantum leap
Breaking bad
Sons of anarchy
Andy Griffith
Cold case
Twilight zone
Mash

I haven't seen any modern shows that make sense or have a lick of reality .or entertainment value.

5 pages of opinions and every one of them wrong.......I would have accepted Looney Tunes or The Muppet Show as correct.

Heck NO. I used to love that show. I even liked when it came back briefly here a year or so ago. It even had a weird little guy like Chuck Barris as the MC.

Chuck, I am apart of the CIA, Barris? That version was on c:1976-79
GdeQXVyMjgwMDM3MzI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1776,1000_AL_.jpg

There are a lot of other versions according to IMDB.com

Thanks for the link, RicInOr: "The Gong Show, part talent show (most contestants conspicuously lacked talent) and part demented variety show, with Barris as host and ringmaster, pushed hard against the boundaries of good taste and was regarded as deplorable by mainstream reviewers, but it won a devoted following."

One of the funniest and most zenlike performances I've ever seen was on that show: one 'participant' concluded his moment in TV history by attempting to crawl thru a purple plastic tube, similar in diameter to a standard garbage bag, but many many feet long. I no longer am convinced a large amount of whipped cream was involved, nor the inspirational description describing the intent. IIRC the process took so long they cut to a series of ads. Upon return the struggle continued and IIRC eventual 'gong' sounded noting the formal end of patience by the judge of the event just as the show end credits were running. Stirring!!!;)

On the animated side of TV all of these have been memorable...

Sword Art Online
Black Clover
Seki Kun - Master of Wasting Time
No Game No Life
The Boondocks
Archer
Rick & Morty
Bob's Burgers

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show