JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have a Nutribullet.
It works really great.
Except, I don't use it. We use a blender as it does smoothies and so much more. It makes larger batches of things, you can add things in process, change speed.
I use the blender a lot so for a while two things sat on the counter and found the Nutribullet made smoothies no better and had a down side for us; We make more than the bullet can, so had to make two batches. Don't need to with the blender. Also needed an extra space for the accessories.
Not sure of age not must be 20 to 30+ years, albeit I've replaced the pitcher and cutter a few years back which are still available.
a1z.jpg
Though we bought it new, I'll bet you can find it used for next to nothing.
Yah, I heard what you said as to why you wanted it, and that's your business, but even though she may have said she wanted it for Christmas, well, somehow a smoothie maker doesn't say "I love you"
Just a thought (t may be a test:eek:)
Like I said your business.

Really?

Vitamix you will regret anything else.

My dad has a Ninja, my in laws have a Ninja... They all wish they had not bought it.

While the Ninja boast a bigger motor, it's not. It's much louder than the Vitamix (even a blendtec is louder as well).

Im sorry a Vitamix is not the cheaper stuff but if you spend $200 on a Ninja, let me know in a year how much you use it and how user friendly it is. There are a few purchases I don't regret spending extra on in my kitchen. Vitamix, Professional series kitchenaid, quality knives and good Fiestaware that keeps the wife happy.

Get yourself a vita mix blender and let the good times roll.

I got one of the commercial ones and it'll grind up anything I can throw at it.

It sounds like a jet spooling up, but only a small price to pay for blending perfection.:D

I am the best smoothie maker according to everyone that's had the extreme pleasure of drinking mine:D:cool:

Oh you meant machine...:p

Cheap plain old Oster BUT you need to buy an Ice blade for it...

I've used the daylights out of mine and it handles everything from frozen fruit to big chunks of ice - just add enough liquid to keep things moving;).

Oh and maybe $35 with the blade. Had it for 8-10 years and it's used often.

My wife purchased a 400$ vita mix machine heck the thing will even make soup. It ought to do something for that price.
Something about a blade that will spin fast enough to make it's own heat from resistance in the material and cook the puree soup on its own is just fantastic.

Edit:

So I've been thinking about this and I remembered a few things that should push you away from a Ninja.

The blade design does not allow for flowing of the stuff inside of the container. I can grind peppercorns inside of my dry grains tub for the Vitamix. There is a literal vortex that's created inside of both the dry and wet containers which allows you to turn anything dry into dust. I can take sugar and turn it to powdered sugar... try that in a Ninja... bread crumbs... yeah i make those into smaller crumbs and they are all even. This goes for both of the containers; wet and dry. The dry container is the one that gets blasted with peppercorns because it sand blasts the inside of the container and wife doesn't like the other container to have a foggy inside.

Last Edited:
Yah, I heard what you said as to why you wanted it, and that's your business, but even though she may have said she wanted it for Christmas, well, somehow a smoothie maker doesn't say "I love you" Just a thought (t may be a test:eek:)
Like I said your business.

Just so no one is worried about my marital health, the only real gifts we give each other are experiences. Like travel, or a show. Ways to make memories.
Except for our anniversary, where she gets diamonds - trade in the old one, add a few $$, get a better one.

I had one of those Oster's back in the college. Never heard of an ice blade.
Oster & ice blade in the $50 range, means I could buy a number for the Vitamix cost.
Oster® Smoothie Blenders | Oster®

The ToGo is what she is asking about, however. She wants to get away from the $5 coffee
and making some in the cup you will use fits. No cleaning bowl and the cup. But may be, since you have to clean the blade, that is not really a savings in time/effort.
hmmm, some of the Oster's offer those.

I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences.

Last Edited:
Just so no one is worried about my marital health, the only real gifts we give each other are experiences. Like travel, or a show. Ways to make memories.
Except for our anniversary, where she gets diamonds - trade in the old one, add a few $$, get a better one.

I had one of those Oster's back in the college. Never heard of an ice blade.
Oster & ice blade in the $50 range, means I could buy a number for the Vitamix cost.
Oster® Smoothie Blenders | Oster®

The ToGo is what she is asking about, however. She wants to get away from the $5 coffee
and making some in the cup you will use fits. No cleaning bowl and the cup. But may be, since you have to clean the blade, that is not really a savings in time/effort.
hmmm, some of the Oster's offer those.

I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences.

My cleaning meathod: (yes I've checked for mold or other issues on the seal and have had none)

Pour out smoothie
Fill half way with warm water
Turn on to blend ice for 30 seconds
Rinse lid

Must be done right after using it and I've never had to clean the blade (that sucker is sharp!) or had stuff stick to anything.

If you want the best, Vitamix or Blendtec. They're both great but I liked the more technologically advanced, easier to clean, a little cheaper, smaller one. So I went with this.
34512_1.jpg
If you hit "smoothie" you can walk away and it'll do it's thing, stopping on its own. I like that. I got things to do and stuff.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads