JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I gave my nephew a really nice Marlin 336 and he wants to fit a scope on top.
He doesn't have a lot of cash, so I looked online and the scope that I found with a decent reviews and a reasonable price($160.00) was the Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32.
Anyone have one of these mounted on a 336?

I had a Vortex 1-4 on my lever gun at one point. Not going to shoot far so I kept it low power.

I only scoped one lever gun. It was for a kid at work who didn't have too much cash to spare. I bought a Bushnell 3-9x40 and a set of rings and bases (Weaver). Worked out well, if not a little large for that rifle. My brother in law owns it now and loves it.

Years ago I had a Marlin 336, I mounted a Bushnell Buckhorn 3x9 scope with see through mounts for using the iron sights. I shot many a blacktail with that rifle.
3x9

Have that exact setup on mine... bought the gun used at richs gun shop in Donald 3-4 years ago. Wonder if it was yours? :)

Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32.
I've never used a Nikon scope, but the couple that I've looked thru seemed bright and clear. But, most scopes look bright and clear when you're in the darn store. :) I have used a lot of Nikon camera lenses and think very highly of them.
I did put a Leupold 2-7x33 on my wife's Ruger Compact, which is similar in size to the Marlin. (I'd had a 3-9x40 on it before and the scope was absolutely huge in comparison to the rifle)
When comparing it to my other Leupolds the only thing missing is just a little bit of magnification. Considering where a 30-30 is likely to be used, it seems like a good fit.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews