JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I gave my nephew a really nice Marlin 336 and he wants to fit a scope on top.
He doesn't have a lot of cash, so I looked online and the scope that I found with a decent reviews and a reasonable price($160.00) was the Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32.
Anyone have one of these mounted on a 336?

I had a Vortex 1-4 on my lever gun at one point. Not going to shoot far so I kept it low power.

I only scoped one lever gun. It was for a kid at work who didn't have too much cash to spare. I bought a Bushnell 3-9x40 and a set of rings and bases (Weaver). Worked out well, if not a little large for that rifle. My brother in law owns it now and loves it.

Years ago I had a Marlin 336, I mounted a Bushnell Buckhorn 3x9 scope with see through mounts for using the iron sights. I shot many a blacktail with that rifle.
3x9

Have that exact setup on mine... bought the gun used at richs gun shop in Donald 3-4 years ago. Wonder if it was yours? :)

Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32.
I've never used a Nikon scope, but the couple that I've looked thru seemed bright and clear. But, most scopes look bright and clear when you're in the darn store. :) I have used a lot of Nikon camera lenses and think very highly of them.
I did put a Leupold 2-7x33 on my wife's Ruger Compact, which is similar in size to the Marlin. (I'd had a 3-9x40 on it before and the scope was absolutely huge in comparison to the rifle)
When comparing it to my other Leupolds the only thing missing is just a little bit of magnification. Considering where a 30-30 is likely to be used, it seems like a good fit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top