JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered some from Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

So far it's been a very Amazon-like experience.
- order and pay online
- get an order confirmation in email
- get another email when the order ships, including the tracking IDs (for this order it was via FedEx)
- items are in transit and should arrive today

Assuming they didn't pooch the order then I'd give them a +1 for my first experience with them.

Peter

UPDATE: The order arrived as expected. So no problems and a +1 for them.

Last Edited:
Walmart has the cheapest 7.62x39 around..

NW Ammo Supply in Salem has comparatively cheap .38 Special, brass cased FMJ.

BiMart for 5.56x45/.223 & 22LR

In Portland, NW Armory has 9mm S&B FMJ for $10/50round bx; Walmart has WWB for $22.97/100round white box; Curts and Bi-Mart have M193 for $169/500rounds.

I went to Big 5 Sporting Goods looking for .223. They had PMC Bronze 55 Gr. FMJ for $8.99/box of 20.

I ended up at Keith's Sporting Goods in Gresham and got the same exact ammo for 7.99/box of 20. I always buy my new guns from Keith's. Now I get my ammo there too.

gun-deals.com

H

THIS

gun-deals is great but only show deals submitted by other customers so many deals fly under their radar.

AmmoMan is usually the best deal for bulk ammo (1K +). Usually free shipping too.
AmmoToGo is great if you are purchasing multiple calibers with less than 1K amounts.
SurplusAmmo has some great stuff, but if you live in WA you will pay out the arse for taxes with what you saved for shipping. They also should be a little clearer with their descriptions (I had no idea the case of 500rnds of 180gr .40 S&W were reloads until I opened it) but I'll still do businesses with them.

As for the local stores; Bi-Mart and Ace Hardware is hard to beat. I just purchased a Ruger 10/22 at my local Ace for just under $200. After dealer fees and shipping, I'd like to see anyone beat $200 for that rifle. I have been buying all my slug rounds from WalMart as of late...I think they refuse to restock any more bulk ammo though (their loss). Ranch & Home has a huge selection, but some of their prices are nuts. Nevertheless, chances are if Ranch & Home doesn't have it then you will need to buy it online. Sportsman's Wherehouse is a JOKE compared to Ranch & Home and is nothing more than an overpriced Cabellas- which in turn is nothing more than an overpriced REI.

Places to avoid (for ammo, at least):

CheaperThanDirt: they hiked their prices in 2008 to the greedy point, so they're forever burnt in my eyes. If I can get what I need (whatever it is, ammo or not) from anywhere else I will do so...even if I have to wait longer or pay a little more.

SportsmansGuide: another 2008 ammo hiker but they also don't give a crap about you, the small purchaser. I was placed on their backorder list for 4 months then replaced on their backorder list (at my request to extend it) for a box of 90gr .380 Auto for a whooping 8 months before they removed me from the list and said I had to reorder. No attempt what-so-ever to make this right, just a letter in the mail after 8 months of waiting just to walk into a local Bi-Mart and see two boxes of the very same stuff I've been looking for on their shelf. Then when I purchased 200rnds of their special .223 stuff I thought my rifle was going to explode. Crappiest ammo I ever bought was from Sportsman's Guide.

BiMart sale price of $10/50 RemUMC 115 fmj in 9mm is the best consistent deal when it goes on sale every few weeks. That's 20 cents/round and my baseline for a good price. Their sale RemUMC .38 $14/50 in 130 fmj is also on sale every few weeks for about 32 cents/round. So there is no need to pay more for these calibers/loads in this area if you can pay attention to sales.

I also buy practice .223 at BiMart on sale as well as higher quality CCI .22 ammo.

A better deal for 9mm is at the Rickreall Gun Show where Miwall has factory reloads in 9mm for 14-15 cents/round depending on 115 tmj or 125 tmj. You need to buy 500 rounds to get this price. They have a couple .38 factory reloads for 18-20 cents/round for 147 tmj or 158 SWC.

MiWall has good prices on many other calibers, but these are what I shoot in bulk and what I know for certain of their bulk pricing. Their quality isn't bad for practice ammo.

Also check out ammoseek.com when looking for mail order deals.

Reliant Ammo is a new kid on the block. For the price of commercial reloads, you get made in USA brass ammo. I've tried 9mm and 40 and it shoots clean, accurate enough although they seem a little light. Made in Arizona but they ship out of Spokane. <broken link removed>

Brownell's has been good of late. Then again - for plinking - if I don't find good deals on Winchester USA - I stick with Wolf 115 grain in 9mm, or 55 grain in .223

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top