JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do ya'll think of the Fostech Stealth Lightning?

4.94 Pounds Aluminum Magnesium material
Echo AR II Trigger
Handguard with no pic rails other than at the muzzle end
People seem to love it on social media but I can't find any reviews.

Like I mentioned in the other thread. My HK416 clone sitting on the LMT ambidextrous lower. With the shorter barrel it is lighter and zeroing at 50 yards it's good to about 220 yards with 77 gr IMI.

are you set on an AR ?

I have a few 556 and my favorite is a toss up between my Tavor and my Robinson Arms XCR.
The Tavor w/ 16" barrel is about the same OAL as my 10" AR with the brace fully closed, it's balanced and points better than my ARs, but it sucks if you need to transition from right shoulder to left

XCR is just super smooth- But although it's AR-ish, other than pistol grips and mags it has zero parts in common.

in The AR's - I have a DD M4V7 with a 10" barrel, 16 "LWRCi piston. Both seem to be put together well enough. From the shoulder, the DD feels smoother and softer to shoot than the LWRCi, it's also lighter, but off a bench the difference is moot, so I guess it depends how you'll be doing most of your shooting.

if I'm honest, I still enjoy shooting my 20 year old, $900 Bushmaster. It doesn't have cool, but it shoots accurately and is consistently reliable. Were I to close my eyes and shoot, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and the DD....

I have a couple of POFs in 308 and an LMT MWS and have zero complaints about either other than shearing off half the ambience charging handle when one of the POFs fell over a bit...I'd happily try either of those company's 556 offerings.

DD and XCR:

Z6tqHr.jpg

Here is my version of "best"

Noveske lower circa 2010, Geissele SSA trigger, Bravo sopmod stock

Rainier Mountain CHF (FN) barrel, pinned gas block, Mega billet upper and wedge lock rail, KAC carrier with LMT enhanced bolt

The best AR, IMO, is the one you build to your preferences.

the one you build yourself with high end components
my USMC M27 clone
HK buttstock and buffer tube
Tubbs buffer spring - H2 buffer
mid length Adams Arms piston drive
USMC BUS
Black Hole Weapons P3 barrel
EOtech sight
Larue QD bipod
Vortex flash hider
Geissele SSA-E trigger
price - irrelevant