JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the land of make believe I would use my SBR with light and suppressor. In reality I have a pistol with a light in a rapid response safe 3ft. from my head. I can place accurate shots across a room and use it with one hand if need be. Would I fight off a gang of ninja assassins? NOPE, but does it help me fall asleep at night? Yes, like smarter people have said before you should use what makes sense for you in your situation, and make damn sure you identify a threat before firing!

From the movie The Accountant. Now this is a home defense gun:

Account_07.jpg

at the 1:55 mark:

For me, home defense becomes self-defense once an intruder has entered my house; therefore, home defense is making entry much more difficult and time-consuming for the criminal(s). That said, there are three defensive firearm choices - rifle, shotgun, or handgun worthy of consideration.

Cost to acquire, safeguard and train with your choice are big considerations. Also, will someone else in the home need to become competent with your choice? Retention is one of the more important and often overlooked considerations. It is more difficult to defend a long gun from a surprise grab than a handgun even with CQC training. Lastly, in the event we have to use our choice, is the post-shooting defense we must present in a court of law with Sally soccer mom and her friends hearing the case.

The best gun for home defense (read self-defense) is one you can get to quickly and use efficiently. For me, that is a handgun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top