JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought a 1971 RS/Z28 Camaro 350 4speed needs restored for $150.00
Then dumped a ton of cash on it. But saved a little bit doing all the work myself.
Almost done with this project!
Its now caged, mini tubed, 671 blown sb dual holleys custom intake with a 6speed to a 9" with large disc to stop this beast.

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I think my best deal was on a Mossberg 590A1. I had been looking for one for awhile and finally found one for $550. I waited several days and looked at the ad again and the price had been dropped to $460 so I called and talked to the guys wife and she said he wanted to sell it ASAP and buy an AR. His mom had bought him the mossy as a gift and he never shot it. So I ended up with the gun, blackhawk tactical soft case, blackhawk sling, Sig Sauer red dot optic, ontario M9 bayonet and 120 rnds of Winchester 00 buck for $460!!!!

I had 2 sweet deals.

#1- I was given a very nice Ruger MK1 22lr handgun ( 98% + condition ), that the original owner took apart down to the last spring, pin, etc.... He ended up losing a pin and could not put it back together... He gave me the gun for free and i figured out the problem really quick, and replaced the pin and had it in perfect working order in about 10 minutes. I sold the handgun for $275.00

#2-( recently) I got a nice Winchester 94 AE 30-30 from a guy that owed me $125.00. I am not a lever gun fan, especially since i can not do a DCOA on the rifle. Wichester recommends you use a qualified gunsmith, to completely disassemble the rifle for cleaning. (that really sucks since i hunt a lot in the pouring down rain, etc..)

I then traded the Winchester for a pristine 1951 Russian SKS ( with original box and accessories ) , with all matching numbers (even on the stock ), that had never been arsenal refinished, or if it had been, it was with all the original parts.( no black bolt carrier, changed stock, etc..)

That rifle joined my other Russian 1954 SKS that is in pristine condition as well. They are both locked away as safe queens!

The great thing about the Russian SKS is i can do a DCOA very quickly and thoroughly clean the rifle, inside and out in no time at all.

M67

Bought a ww2 Colt .45 in a bar in 1974 for $100.00. Stupidly traded it for a deer rifle. A few months ago I purchased a 2010 Harley Super Glide Custom from a guy that got scared of the bike. It had 140 miles on it. He paid 15K, I paid 10K!
Bumpy

An old friends young son got into his closet and discovered his rifles. He has had a stroke recently and cant use his shooting hand any longer. Being concerned that Jr. would get into them again when he wasn't home, he brought them over and flaunted three scabbards and a small box in my face and said,,, for $500, will you by the rifles "sight unseen" that I have here, with a wry grin on his face. Being a curious person with a suckers disposition, and not knowing Dave to have been much of a shooter or hunter, I said sure. We traded cash, Dave said SOLD, DONE DEAL,merry Christmas! I opened the scabbards to find, much to my surprise and delight, 1 1952 m94 .30.30, a 1897 16 ga. Winchester, a .223 gollani, and in the box, you aint gonna believe this, a Colt commander .45! All in excellent condition. If he wasn't so damn ugly, I would have kissed him.

Bought a 93 VW passat for $200. Fixed a vacuum leak. Sold it for $1500.

Bought a Suzuki quadzilla for $500. Cleaned and tuned the carb. Sold it for $2500

Bought a 99 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, extended cab, v6 with 149k miles for $3700. Did the brakes, rear wheel bearings, and installed new shocks. Still driving it 3 years later.

Rem 700 .243 VLS that has been worked over for accuracy for $300 from my brother in law. The only terms were that I give him the oppurtunity to buy it back if I ever decide to sell it. It is still in the safe.:)

About 10yrs ago i sould my uncle a Ruger super red hawk 44. And last year i asked if he still had it and he did. I asked to buy it back and he just gave it to me! Not bad a free Ruger super red hawk 44!

My father in law paid roughly $550 out of pocket for a Savage .308 HS Precision w/ a Leupold VX-3 LR with some trading involved.

I traded my bright nickel DE .50 which I paid $1250 for, for an MSAR when the street price was 1k. He threw in an Eotech 552 and $300.

Wow some great deals there guys.

I was given a model 12 38SPL, for my wife, with over 300 rounds of round nose lead ammo.
The same guy was moving and no room in his safe. He gave me an SKS with all new plastic on it. The next day he gave me a case of ammo for it.

Wow some great deals there guys.

I was given a model 12 38SPL, for my wife, with over 300 rounds of round nose lead ammo.
The same guy was moving and no room in his safe. He gave me an SKS with all new plastic on it. The next day he gave me a case of ammo for it.

Sorry to suggest Mark, but I am going to assume your wife was "giving" him something in return. :s0155:

I had a set of old tooled holsters from my grandfather. Finally decided I would sell them as I didn't use them and didn't want them to rot away. Had no idea of the worth. Took them to the local show to talk to the cowboy action shooters. They gave me an estimate of several hundred dollars. A nice surprise, but I would have to find a dealer in such items to get it. I walked 3 steps out of the booth and a guy walks up to ask about what I had. I showed it to him, and gave hive a price I thought fair based on the estimate I just had. He whipped out a roll off hundreds and paid right there. I bought my first Glock.

Pretty nice surprise.

An old friends young son got into his closet and discovered his rifles. He has had a stroke recently and cant use his shooting hand any longer. Being concerned that Jr. would get into them again when he wasn't home, he brought them over and flaunted three scabbards and a small box in my face and said,,, for $500, will you by the rifles "sight unseen" that I have here, with a wry grin on his face. Being a curious person with a suckers disposition, and not knowing Dave to have been much of a shooter or hunter, I said sure. We traded cash, Dave said SOLD, DONE DEAL,merry Christmas! I opened the scabbards to find, much to my surprise and delight, 1 1952 m94 .30.30, a 1897 16 ga. Winchester, a .223 gollani, and in the box, you aint gonna believe this, a Colt commander .45! All in excellent condition. If he wasn't so damn ugly, I would have kissed him.

You shoulda kissed him anyway! lol!

So far my best deals were:

- Carvin LB-75 bass guitar w/ hardcase and extra set of strings for $300 ($600 value then for guitar alone)
- old Romo .22 short DA revolver for $12 at a yard sale
- 70's AMC sedan for $30(sold for $300)
- Strat copy electric guitar w/ hardcase for $75 (case alone was worth more than that :)
- free '99 Mitsu Galant GTZ from my kid
- bought a '74 F-150 from a guy for $450, traded a set of $50 chrome rims for a set of aluminum rims then sold all for $650.
- A full stack for my bass (500W amp, 2x10 cab., 1x15 cab.) for $450
- '60 Chevy 3/4T flatbed - FREE and runs!

Last Edited:
Sorry to suggest Mark, but I am going to assume your wife was "giving" him something in return. :s0155:

Oh she was. She was giving him my time, friendship, support, and skills in IT. My former boss, is a great guy and we had fun working together.
I was part of his support system at work during the years his wife battled breast cancer. He gave the pistol to me to give to my wife when he found it in the back of his safe prepping for a class I told him about. Had not been fired in 17 years. Ask me to check it and make sure it was safe and give it to my wife if I thought it good. He is not a snubbie/revolver fan.

I am sure that is what your were suggesting. I would hate for a misfortune to befall you with me thinking you where suggesting anything else.

Several decent deals on guitars, amps, drums, etc. Just knowing what things are worth and what they'll eventually go for helps a lot. Plus room to store them and patience. It's a great way to build and improve a modest collection. I wish I had the same knowledge about gun prices.

Best same-day find was a non-running Campbell V-drive prop ski boat with a built Pontiac 389 and wet headers for $1000 in San Diego. I stopped at a shop to learn what it might cost to de-rust the gas tanks, replace the stolen carb and make it roar again. More than I had in my wallet. But another customer and his son followed me outside and towed it away for $2250. I owned it for almost an hour.

The best part of that deal is that I'm alive today. I would have died badly in that boat. Worse, on one of those "dumbest stunts" shows narrated by Tonya Harding and Danny Bonnad*uchebag.

bought a skateboard for 12.00 sold it on ebay for 299.00 two weeks later, found a brand new galco leather paddle holster for my 1911 at goodwill for 9.99 a week after i bought the gun i was pretty stoked on that

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top