Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

best deal you ever got?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by samuelm16, Apr 25, 2012.

1. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

just wondering what everybodys best score ever was? maybe you found an unfired anaconda at a garge sale for 75 bucks or a bring home 1911 traded for an old type writer you get the idea

2. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

I'd been looking at lead pots for casting bullets for a while when one day a friend mentions that his buddy went to a sporting goods store and looked for pots. Asked a rep who pointed to a big box. He checked out paying $54.99, opened the box at home a discovered he got the whole case. 4, 10lb Lee pots. Got mine for $30.

3. Jerry

Jerry Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I had $25 tied up in some stuff that I had picked up and traded it straight across for a Ruger Blackhawk .357 maximum (not magnum) with a 7.5 inch barrel with 3 boxes of factory ammo. I later sold the revolver for $525.

Net profit of $500.

True story.

4. tank3d

tank3d Eugene Member

I picked up a sack of potatoes at costco...and the was a $50 bill underneath.

Also, there was a few months where my wife kept finding cash everywhere. total was probably $500 or so. Funniest was $100 bill under our nightstand at the hotel in Maui.

5. tank3d

tank3d Eugene Member

Also traded an old Denon receiver / amp for a gewehr 98. amp worth about 35...sold gun here for 180

Also, along the same line as the post above...I bought a scott's spreader...the big one with wheels...opened the box, and there were 4 inside.

6. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

I bought a 10 HP Sears Chipper/Shredder on Craigslist for $250. I shredded the tree I need it for, Cleaned it up then sold it for $290 a week later.

Putting $40 bucks in my pocket Vs renting one of $65 half day.

7. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Getting the like new stainless Taurus 605 for the Japanese made banjo I traded a couple weeks ago. The banjo was worth maybe $100.00 tops, but closer to $75.00. The Taurus shoots like a dream - better than I expected. I can bounce a tin can five outta five at 20-25 yards with .38 Special ammo.

8. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

not as good as some of these but I did get a HK USC from the Kieths table at the show a couple months ago for $1070 .. still dont know why he had it so cheap but I LOVE it! and the fact that its a carbine in .45 acp I can shoot it at JCGC which is absolutly a great way to blow off steam on a mid week evening.

9. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

Bought a 1971 RS/Z28 Camaro 350 4speed needs restored for $150.00
    Then dumped a ton of cash on it. But saved a little bit doing all the work myself.
    Almost done with this project!
    Its now caged, mini tubed, 671 blown sb dual holleys custom intake with a 6speed to a 9" with large disc to stop this beast.

10. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

1200 mostly classic rock and rool LPs in excellent condition for a half case of Heinikin and a Cheap Yamaha turntable worth $40.00. Sorted out the 650 LP's I wanted Sold about 100 at 2-5.00 each and gave the rest to Goodwill receiving a Tax receipt for $900.00 worth of donation.

A $600.00 Aviation Serial "Dave Dawson At Truk" for $12.00 including the shipping on eBay on a BUY IT NOW at 5am one morning.

1300 LPs left over from a Church sale for $25.00 I kept maybe 10 that fit my collection and turned the rest into Goodwill for a $2400.00 tax receipt for the donation.

I could spend all day listing things I have gotten great deals on. I been at it for 45 years.

11. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

not gun related but....

Went to kohls with my girlfriend. we were looking at the jewelry when we spotted this huge white gold diamond ring. The original price tag on the bottom of the box was 850.00. We told the sales lady we wanted it, and she called over a few other people to find out who setup the rings on the sales display, they whispered among themselves for a few minutes & told us the ring was on sale for 250.00 but it was placed in the with the rings that were priced at 60.00 so they had to give it to us for 60.00, I remember the lady looked pretty angry with her employee for placing it there lol

12. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

i bought a beretta cx4 carbine for $550 and traded it for a stainless kimber ultra carry 2

13. 44magyota

44magyota oregon Member

I got a free sig p220 w-german model. Signed over to me by a district attorney soon after a friend shot his couch with it.

14. samuelm16

howd that happen?

15. 44magyota

44magyota oregon Member

Um...friends gf left with their kid he got drunk and threatened to shoot himself while leaving a message on her phone. After all was sorted out i was supposed to be the holder of the firearm for safe keeping for a year but circumstances pertaining to his divorce and a restraining order kept him from being able to aquire the firearm in a year so the attorney signed it over completely to me. This is Montana though...they love the guns here. Every firearm used in a crime here can be returned or given to a friend depending on the situations. If neither happens it will be sold at auction

16. samuelm16

awe i get it i thought he shot the D.A.'S couch lol

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  17. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was fixing a leaky roof for an eighty nine year old woman many years ago, when she came outside with a cigar box in her hands. She asked me to dispose of some old ammo that her late husband use to hunt with.
    I said sure thing, no problem. I opened the box and there was some old 12 gauge bird shot and a box of 44/40 rifle ammo.
    After putting it my work van, I told her that I had never heard of 44/40 ammo before.
    She said that it might go to an old gun that under her bed, and that she was always afraid it might go off when she ran her vacuum under there and accidentally bumped it.
    Then she said for me to look under her bed and would I please take it home if I wanted it.
    I reached under there and pulled out a beautiful old octagon barrel 1873 Winchester "take down" model. Wish I still had it.

18. coyoteman5

coyoteman5 North south east west Active Member

My friend who no longer want his Ruger mark 2 ss bb slab side .22 target model called me and ask if I want it ? I said yeah if I can afford it he said can you afford 150.00 ? After freaking out inside I said yeah I can. I love that thing it is a tack driver.

19. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I bought a Coonan .357 for about $650 at the Canby gun show. Sold it a few years later for close to $1000.
    Also bought a 1943 original Colt 1911A1 with all correct markings off of Gunbroker for $700 shipped. Guy had put up 3 blurred celphone pics of his father's issue pistol from WW2. No one else bid on it.

337.jpg

20. .40cal EMT

.40cal EMT Portland, OR Member

An Uberti cattleman pistol with 6 shots down the barrel, cause he gave me the case of ammo he got to shoot it the first time. Said the 45LC was to much, he paid $700. I offered him $300 for the gun alone. Got the pistol and all the paperwork, a cartrage belt, and a leather holster and the origional box of ammo. Felt good to me