JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who puts on a solid class for Oregon's concealed carry in the Portland Area? I am looking for a great training opportunity vs a quick class that simply checks the boxes. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything recent. Thanks!

Who puts on a solid class for Oregon's concealed carry in the Portland Area? I am looking for a great training opportunity vs a quick class that simply checks the boxes. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything recent. Thanks!

I did my CHL class last year with Blackstone. Good class, established instructor, no-nonsense to the point. Option available to take UT certification at the same time so you can carry in WA too, which I did. Recommended.
https://www.blackstonegunsafety.com

The Blackstone class was Meh.... It wasn't bad, but I was really hoping for more depth around use of force scenarios and how the law applies to them.

Late to the party here. I went to two classes, Threat Dynamics and MK Tactical. I strongly prefer Michael at MK Tactical.
  • His use of force scenario examples, videos and questions were eye openers.
  • His explanation of the ugly convergence of your rights and how the police approach them was extremely important. He was not advocating disregard or opposition, but carefully led you through common sense. I do not recall him at any time advocating leaving your personal protection aside for any reason.
  • Being an expat from a country where they have stripped or castrated gun rights, his perspective on 2A, owning an carrying is solid. It shows and he conveys it well.
  • From what I learned in the class, I completely re-evaluated carrying and my hardware platform. I've since started selling some and acquiring new to follow that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top