JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meanwhile, to the far west…

When my parents were still breathing and living in Sequim, whenever I visited them I made a point of going to Fat Smitty's for a Fat Smitty Burger (two huge patties, a ton of the usual burger fixin's and stacked so high you could barely stuff it your mouth). For the longest time I considered that the best burger I'd ever had. It was (and still is, when last I passed by) 20 miles south of Sequim at the turnoff north to Port Townsend, east to Hood Canal Bridge, or south to Shelton.

I think it has changed owners, so I can't vouch for the quality anymore. I'm sure Eps will know of where I speak, as he probably passes by there every week.

Anyone been there lately and if so, how is it?

Messy's, 6285 W. Maine, Spirit Lake, Idaho
The Missus and I just got back from a short drive to the town of Spirit Lake, Idaho. We went to Messy's. The burgers are true to the name.~~~~~~~~~~~~.

I went to Messy's on Saturday for lunch.:)
Most of the local restaurants have disappointed me, Messy's did not .

Messy's surprised me, I had a simple cheddar cheese burger, turned out to be as good as any I've had and the included fries were excellent. I will be back...:D

Thanks for the recommendation.:cool:

Now if I could find a good pizza shop that didn't think theirs is made of gold.

I went to Messy's on Saturday for lunch.:)
Most of the local restaurants have disappointed me, Messy's did not .

Messy's surprised me, I had a simple cheddar cheese burger, turned out to be as good as any I've had and the included fries were excellent. I will be back...:D

Thanks for the recommendation.:cool:

Now if I could find a good pizza shop that didn't think theirs is made of gold.

That's great! I'm glad I was able to help.

The best pizza I've had is at Capone's in Post Falls and CDA. It's the Heart Blocker pizza. It's the closest I've ever come to a home-made pizza in a restaurant.

Everyone's tastes differ when it comes to pizza, but I'll gamble my 100% success rate (so far) with you by giving Capone's a solid recommendation.

A few years ago on a motorcycle road trip we stopped at Pepper Jack's Bar & Grill in Grand Coulee, WA

We were perusing the menu and all the burgers were named with "Jack" somewhere in it.... ie "Bacon Jack burger," "double country Jack burger", etc. Everyone was ordering the "jack" this and "jack" that burger, and when it got to my turn I said, I'd like the "You don't know Jack burger"... and the young waitress (intently concentrating on her job) started to write it down then midway through stopped and looked up confused looking toward one of the menus.... we all busted out in uncontrollable laughter for almost a minute straight... the burger that I DID get was pretty good, and I'm reasonably sure she didn't spit on it. I gave her a 200% tip for her efforts.

:D

Back in the eighties when I lived in Seattle, I loved Red Robin. But sometime in the last decade they let someone with a thing against big, meaty meat patty's re-write their menu. I suspect he/she was a vegetarian. The last time I was at RR I had a bacon cheeseburger that was so bland I thought I had a stroke and lost my sense of taste. I haven't been back since.
Back in the 80's Red Robin has the REAL MUD PIE. With peanut butter. But all those alleged peanut allergies took the world over.
That mud pie was DAMN GOOD!!!

Capone's is pretty good, just not real fond of the sports bar atmosphere. And than there was the time my wife asked for extra sauce on her order, it arrived with NO sauce. My guess is that when the waitress took the order she abbreviated extra as "X" that the cook mistook to be No sauce. Took a wile to get my wife back in there.:oops:

They serve good sandwiches too. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads