JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Messy's, 6285 W. Maine, Spirit Lake, Idaho
The Missus and I just got back from a short drive to the town of Spirit Lake, Idaho. We went to Messy's. The burgers are true to the name. I had the Farmer's Mess burger: Half-pound patty, 2 thick slices of bacon, melted cheddar, topped with an egg.

I made the mistake of ordering the egg over easy, which added to the delicious mess. Next time, I'll get it over hard.

The Missus had a standard cheeseburger and loved it.

Hand-pressed patties. Thick slices of bacon. Lots of napkins. This is my second favorite burger joint in the area. My first favorite burger place is…

Boomers Classic Rock Bar and Grill, 18219 E. Appleway Ave., Spokane Valley
Have not had a bad burger here, ever. My favorite is the Black Magic Woman, which is a variation on the Santana burger with a bit more spicy added. The Missus prefers the Bleu Meanie which is a fine bleu cheese burger. The burgers are large. We usually split one between us and order extra fries (which are delicious as well); don't forget to order some Boom! Sauce for the fries.

The owners, Dave and Drew are very picky about having the best ingredients and take great pride in each menu item. They also have a good variety of beers on tap.

This is my favorite burger joint in the area. Fortunately it's just down the road from home, so I'm a frequent fryer.

When I lived there the best place to get a burger was Dick's. Double Whami, fry, and a coke.

Still a good spot for greasy burgers & fries downtown. Plus the potential of entertaining bum slap fights which means you get dinner and a floor show for around $20.

The best place for a burger in cda or anyplace else is Hudson's down on Sherman.

Had it once. Didn't think it was anything special. Not a fan. I am, however, in the minority as everyone raves about it for some reason.

I was duly impressed with my Effie Burger in Moscow Idaho.
Give it a try, you won't be hungry for at least a couple days.

Largest Hamburger in Town - Review of Effie's Tavern, Lewiston, ID - TripAdvisor

Got some friends in Colfax. We'll have to head over to Moscow next time we're down that way.

Still a good spot for greasy burgers & fries downtown. Plus the potential of entertaining bum slap fights which means you get dinner and a floor show for around $20.

Had it once. Didn't think it was anything special. Not a fan. I am, however, in the minority as everyone raves about it for some reason.

Got some friends in Colfax. We'll have to head over to Moscow next time we're down that way.
Agree with you about Hudsons, not bad, just not what all the tourists claim it is.
Just remember when in Moscow Effies is in Lewiston.
Another good one in Lewiston is the Wayback Cafe.:cool:
Wayback Cafe, Lewiston - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

I was duly impressed with my Effie Burger in Moscow Idaho.
Give it a try, you won't be hungry for at least a couple days.

Largest Hamburger in Town - Review of Effie's Tavern, Lewiston, ID - TripAdvisor

Effie's is down in Lewiston, ID and I used to stop there when I went to my monthly GSSF matches at Diamondback Shooting Range.

They are impressive burgers and remind me of a giant In-N-Out burger; fresh ingredients, never frozen, delicious...

wheretoeatinLewistonIdaho1.jpg

1-25-15-Michelle-at-Effies.jpg

In Moscow, the best burger is at Humble Burger just off of Main street. Burgers are small and plain but they are the most flavorful and delicious burgers I have ever had.

55b93ed5858b7.image.jpg

look-at-this.jpg

I made my kids Bubba burgers from safeway tonight. Just pan fried them. They came out perfect (they're shaped like Texas). Toasted up some Sara Lee artisan buns, added fixin's and we were all happy cave people. Now time for a cigar and some merlot a little later.

Doesnt the Kon Tiki at Stateline have burgers?
I haven't heard of the Kon Tiki. All I know is there's a strip joint and a liquor store at Stateline, and both are overpriced.

My grill

Other than that, I'm happy with plain old Red Robin.
Back in the eighties when I lived in Seattle, I loved Red Robin. But sometime in the last decade they let someone with a thing against big, meaty meat patty's re-write their menu. I suspect he/she was a vegetarian. The last time I was at RR I had a bacon cheeseburger that was so bland I thought I had a stroke and lost my sense of taste. I haven't been back since.

It is there that you will find the Kon Tiki....
Oh! You know I think we went there once or twice after a softball game when I used to play. Our focus was likely on beer, so no burgers were consumed. I recall they did have a menu, so burgers were likely available.

Effie's is down in Lewiston, ID and I used to stop there when I went to my monthly GSSF matches at Diamondback Shooting Range.

They are impressive burgers and remind me of a giant In-N-Out burger; fresh ingredients, never frozen, delicious...

View attachment 544597

View attachment 544598
Looks like we mighta finally found a burger worthy of Junior's tyrannosaur-size appetite! :)

I wouldn't mind trying that deep fried burger that they have at that whiskey den called Hogwash. The only thing that stops me is that it sounds like a hipster joint full of handlebar mustaches and guages.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top