JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What kind of 9mm Luger do you guys take out with you when you’re just going to hit some targets? What’s the best bang for your buck if you’re not concerned about reloading? Has anyone used Herter's Select-Grade TNJ Handgun Ammunition? It’s very cheap at only 11.99 for 50 rounds but the aluminum casings make me weary! Any suggestions?

I have never had a problem with aluminum cases not functioning but please pick them up and recycle them. Afraid I have no experience with Herters brand.

I got a good deal of frangible ammo and I have to admit I am a little scared to try it. Shooters get right up 3'-6' from a steel plate with that ammo and practice close-quarters drills with them. Hard to believe it 'dissipates' so efficiently. I need a Chumlee to try such things first!

I got a good deal of frangible ammo and I have to admit I am a little scared to try it. Shooters get right up 3'-6' from a steel plate with that ammo and practice close-quarters drills with them. Hard to believe it 'dissipates' so efficiently. I need a Chumlee to try such things first!

I'll try it out for you. I'll need 200rds and a steel plate. I'll video proof for you.

Im running through my last order of blazer brass which worked out to about $11.75 / 50 rounds from Luckygunner and its all worked perfectly so far.

Going to try Freedom munitions next. The cosmetic blemished stuff is $8.69 / 50 rounds plus you can sell your brass back at $2.50 / lbs if you dont reload.
<broken link removed>

Ok so all sounds good, cheap ammo is fine if reloading is not a concern. I have heard that here and there bi mart will have 1000 rounds of 9mm luger on sale for $199 so im hoping to hop on that if they have it again soon.

I load my own; 115g semi wadcutter with 3.2g of Titegroup. If it will run in your rig, it's damn fun. Kind of like throwing little rocks really really accurately.

Haven't run it through a chrono but I wouldn't be surprised if it was subsonic haha.

American eagle or sellier bellot..

These sell for 10$ here and there

x2 on the Sellier & Bellot. Bought a bunch it awhile back from Sportman's Guide when they were having a sale... it came out to about $8-9 a box. Haven't had a problems with it.

In general, I practice mostly with FMJ. I save the nice stuff like the JHP for home defense... got a couple magazines that stay loaded with 'em.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top