JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't really see the problem with background checks for private sales. I don't however agree with a national registry. So, if you do the BG Check then, you are within the law, if you don't, you are breaking the law but, it would be ridiculously hard to catch you. However, I would never sell a gun to someone without having a check done. I don't want felons or mental insane people to have guns either.

For certain crimes one can be sentenced to death. Also one can be drafted and die at war. So apparently right to life is not unlimited.

Just because someone can take your life doesn't mean you don't have a right to it. An argument could be made that capital punishment and the draft are immoral. Many societies have, in fact said just that.

Anywho, I do appreciate your respectful dialogue, but I am afraid we have gone :s0126:

I don't really see the problem with background checks for private sales. I don't however agree with a national registry. So, if you do the BG Check then, you are within the law, if you don't, you are breaking the law but, it would be ridiculously hard to catch you. However, I would never sell a gun to someone without having a check done. I don't want felons or mental insane people to have guns either.

I do.

Just because someone can take your life doesn't mean you don't have a right to it. An argument could be made that capital punishment and the draft are immoral. Many societies have, in fact said just that.

Anywho, I do appreciate your respectful dialogue, but I am afraid we have gone :s0126:

Yes, arguments can be made, but the purpose of bringing this up is to draw a parallel. You will find a lot of folks on this site advocating for death penalty, and supporting our current policies in regards to the death penalty. I'm not sure whether this is because they don't understand that death penalty would be an infringement on the Right to Life, or, more likely, they are okay with certain limitations on such right.

If they are okay with the limitations on one of the most crucial rights, then it is inconsistent when they are not okay with the limitations on the Second Amendment. There simply can't be two different frameworks for rights at the same time. Either all rights are unlimited, or all rights can be limited. And this is before we even start talking about practical implications.

By the way, it is always interesting to hear that Second Amendment is a God-given right. It was the feds to kick Chicago's butt over handgun ban though, not the God. What's up with that ?

Wow. :)
Piers really hates being called on his crap.

Yes, there were a couple times when the foreigner looked like he didn't know how to react. I am sure his producer was in his earpiece telling him to NOT go off like he did on LaPierre. I suspect cnn and morgan want people to forget his tirades prior to Alex Jones'. In the end, all the limey got out of Shapiro was that Shapiro wants the 2A for protection against our own government. morgan tried to make that look irrational, but Shapiro justified that with historical and recent examples.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top