JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Quote from Mike Huckabee:

Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2011, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average US household below the poverty line received $168 a day in government support. What's the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day. To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $25 an hour. And the person who works also has to pay taxes, which drops his pay to $21 an hour. It's no wonder that welfare is now the biggest part of the budget, more than Social Security or defense. And why would anyone want to get off welfare when working pays $9 an hour less?

As another poster apply put said, it is the bribery of the masses to gain their compliance and servitude. Pisses you off a bit that the leeches make more sponging that you do working your *** off? Well it should.

I had a talk the other day with a guy from India and he said he just learned about all this and couldn't believe it. He said in India if you don't work you so are thrown out on the street and then stepped over/on like garbage. East Indians are actually a kind people and help other other, but they have no sympathy on any level for parasites. Maybe that is why their economy is improving yearly while ours is going down the tubes.

The Federal Government Hands Out Money To 128 Million Americans Every Month

One time when a few friends and I were going into the Hollywood Fred Meyer we saw a young family panhandling at the driveway entrance/exit. ....we decided to buy them several bags of groceries. ...the look they gave us was as though were were instead handing them bags of dog crap. They didnt even say thank you that I recall.

They probably went back into the store and returned everything you bought, then took the money and bought dope. That is really common with the ones holding "Need diapers" signs.

My buddy's dad had a great idea. With an old cigarette car lighter get some change red hot and throw it out the window to them.

:s0113:

A young guy in his 20s was begging at the Tual/Sherwood I-5 exit yesterday with a sign. He was wearing new Nikes and a really nice ski jacket, overall better dresser than me lol.

I was thinking come on guy, at least dress the part.

Maybe you should get a corner and a sign. :s0114:

You always wonder how many are legit.
I like to pull up to the stop sign or stop light and stare at them.
Then they get this feeling, maybe that guy will give me a buck.
It's pretty funny

My dad once offered a guy with a 'work needed' sign to come and stack hay - he suddenly had a 'back problem' and could not do it. I was told may years ago when I first became self employed several things - never extend credit to doctors or lawyers, never do work for family members and NEVER hire short help from people holding 'Work Needed' signs. A friend of mine did once and it wound up costing him over $25,000 in medical bills when he 'fell' on the jobsite, Always hire friends you can trust or use the day labor agencies and pay the additional fees when you need short help

Just at the local Safeway and a kid (early twenties) was asking for bus fare 2 bucks. He was offering his numbers and to get your address to mail it back with interest. The kid didn't look the poor begging part so it peaked my interest and asked about his story. He said simple " got in a fight with the girlfriend and my wallet and cell are in her car." They were passing through on there way home to Molalla. She left him hi and dry. I looked him over and saw a knife clip sticking out of his pocket. Ask him about it. Nice Gerber retails for $24.95 he asked if I would give him, $10 for it. So now I own a Gerber and he got bus fare and a burger. He said he probably would of gotten money sooner if he would of thought of selling the knife sooner. I even gave him a ride to CCC so he could get home faster. also gave him my number cuz he asked if he came back by Friday if I would sell him his knife back.

in mcminnville there are people here who are at the same locations daily if they can report to a street corner to panhandle they should report for work!!!! passed 2 males in their 20s by the pool smoking cigarettes with a sign that said "homeless & cold" but they had their smokes good to see they had prioritys :s0155: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

I remember visiting my parents friends who lived on the washington side of the columbia not far from biggs as a kid, he was achurch pastor. He said that the "hobos" knew it was a preacher's house and would come looking for a free meal. After a short time he had grown tired of the status quo and began to tell them they would need to work for a meal. He would ask a small amount of work like splitting 4-5 pieces of wood, every one of them refused. I have beem "between jobs" in my life but I was always worked to make ends meet. I refuse to give to any of "these people" which is sad because there may be a few that need a temporary hand up.

My brother works as a tobacco rep used to work in north portland and would always be in convienence stores. Always said the homeless people would either get hand outs or food or goods (deodorant, etc) and bring them into the marts and sell for pennies on the dollar to get drug money. Then the mart owners would sell those goods in their store.

No to say that the parasites are not a problem, but the greatest waste (53% of your taxes) go to support our Clandestine Empire and the greatest killing machine the world has ever known. All for the fake war on terror.

If we withdrew all our troops from all over the globe (like Ron Paul wanted, wisely) and stopped playing 'Roman Empire" issues like entitlements and health would be easy to fund. But we have a lot of drones to build. Too many cab drivers and goat herders to bomb.

Here we are a bankrupt nation with the worst balance sheet on the planet, but we are letting our mis-leaders ensure our fate through war and death. All Empires typically lash out before they expire.

"You better watch out! ... Cause I'm a War Machine!" ... KISS That is ALL we are anymore. We make nothing. Our only exports and war and death. How can someone possibly be 'proud' of that?

All of these 'wars' - actually invasions/occupations are all to protect the Petro Dollar only. The people of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, where ever were much better off without us despite what the propaganda machine continues to spew out. If you want our bombers and ships to head to your shores just talk about leaving the dollar behind, that is all it takes.

Start at 00:38

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of money was wasted in the war, the leaders are misguided and ignorant, it's an un-winable war to say the least especially with our rules of war that just get used against us.

But it was a necessary war, our men and women did do a great deal of good. And freed a lot of people from the chains of a sadistic war lord and his minions.

Not saying the current govt there are much better or that once we leave they will go right back where they started. But we had every reason to go to war and I completely back the men and women who served there.
Only problem is having politicians run the war and having the media blast our men and women for doing what they are trained to do. And making us play in a ridiculous game thats all one sided. When onln one side plays by the rules you can't win.

Just like halliburton getting the billions in govt contracts to over bid and under deliver.
Obama and bidens friends and family are getting rich now.
Ie. bidens brother getting hundreds of millions for construction contracts in astan.

While we are no longer the world leader in manufacturing, to say we make nothing here is ridiculous. Lots of great products are made in the usa.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for the OT as stated above correctly, but was putting the leeches, illegals, etc, issues into financial perspective. American's programmed obsession with supporting war is the majority of our financial woes, not the worker's comp leech.

The majority of manufacturing jobs have been shipped overseas because Americans were gullible enough to believe they could compete with slaves making an average of $2 per day.

The goal is the equalization of resources and standards of living across the globe to support a global bank and currency. This means that our standard of living in the US still has a LONG, LONG way to go down, and it will. The Malaysian sweatshop worker's standard of living in the next ten years will go up, up , up while ours goes down, down, down. Google 'Peter Schiff Island' for further explanation as to why we are the world's caboose, not the engine, in the world's economy. We are now a pure service/consumer economy temporarily being propped up by money printing.

peter schiff also explains that in the 50s americans made the cheapest products on the planet while having the highest standard of living on the planet. According to schiff gov regulations and taxes have made it so expensive to do business here.

Obama said he wants $8+/ga gas. It's no real wonder that the energy industry is hamstrung by regulations. He also wants to mint a single 1/10 oz platinum coin "worth" one trillion dollars.

I travel down SE Mill Plain here in Vancouver 2 times a day, both directions. I don't think I have ever crossed the 205 over pass without seeing at least one person begging for money, even in poor weather.

One early Saturday morning I was heading east and crossed the over pass. A " homeless " man I see very day during the week holding a sign was yapping on his cell phone.

During the summer a pregnant woman and a man would stand on the west bound side. His sign read something like " trying to raise 60 dollars for a hotel for my girlfriend " . I drove by this guy and girl for months. I wish someone would give me 60 dollars a day. I have to work for that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top