JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man this reminds me of my Grand ma. she grew up on the Rosebud Res and during the war she would talk about eating ground squirrel and whatever else happened to get into the pot.
She did say the stray dog population went way down then as well.

I am too fond of canines for that, but If hungry enough, keep yer kids close LOL
No It would take a bunch for me to eat a canine
(My Mal must read, as she has the biggest damned grin right now ).
Mostly because they have been so much a part of our life.
Anything else with fur, feathers, or scales or skin would be at risk though

I am too fond of canines for that, but If hungry enough, keep yer kids close LOL
No It would take a bunch for me to eat a canine
(My Mal must read, as she has the biggest damned grin right now ).
Mostly because they have been so much a part of our life.
Anything else with fur, feathers, or scales or skin would be at risk though

I suppose you would eat anything as long as you have a bottle of Tobasico to go with it.

The butcher we use here, buys the cows from a guy that corn feeds them the last 90 days. Never had better meat. Hamburger tastes like porterhouse. Incredible...
But it's not cheap.

back when I was a kid in the mid sixties early seventies I was the hunter of the family. I started out with a 22 at 8 years old, I'm talking carrying it in the woods solo shootin killin and brin home what I killed to eat. Yep, my dad made me eat a crow once because he told me that if I killed it then I would eat it.... weren't too awful bad.....:eek:
I brought home rabbits, squirrel, quail, snakes, a 80# hog & frogs (no I didn't shoot the frogs, although some were so big that I did have to wrestle into the gunny sack):oops:

Don't do tobasco.................... or anything beyond pepper...............

I love black pepper on almost all my food. You should try "Cholula" sauce. It comes in a bottle similar in shape to Tobasco, but has a round wooden bottle top. It ain't toooo spicy, and has a fantastic flavor on fried 'taters 'n eggs (over medium)... with bacon strips of course. :D

I love black pepper on almost all my food. You should try "Cholula" sauce. It comes in a bottle similar in shape to Tobasco, but has a round wooden bottle top. It ain't toooo spicy, and has a fantastic flavor on fried 'taters 'n eggs (over medium)... with bacon strips of course. :D

Now that sounds good :)
My cardio surgeon might repossess his handy work if I eat that stuff now LOL
I do use a lot of Sweet Chili sauce though. No salt anymore, so that seasons things up a bit.
Maybe after I get to the point of doing the 26 miler (Have to be there again by Spring or Summer), I will get back in the bacon again :) Damn that sounds good.

Last Edited:
Ate dog and rat in Asia, both good! Trick is to spice them up with some Asian seasonings and condiments. I'll admit, I'm kind of a wuss. I flicked the chunks of rat tail out of my Mandoo (a spicy meat and veg dumpling)!

If you've never tried it you would be surprised to find it very good table fare. Having eaten many different kinds of critters in my life, I would rank cougar (mountain lion) in the top four wild game meats and on par with any moose or elk.

Another that would surprise some would be Bobcat, yum.
Salmonriverjohn: actually I have eaten cougar, it's pretty damn tasty. When I posted to you I had to laugh, because most people who have killed one have never tasted it. They don't know what they are missing. As far as bobcat, I have never tasted it. Right now I have 9 trap sets out for bobcat. I will take your advice, and if I'm fortunate enough to trap one, I will try it.

Well I do more pork than beef.Seems the Japanese bought the biggest pork plant and then had some disease run thru and kill most the porkers.
Then they had to buy from outside sources.Well my dinner went up about a buck a pound.
I'll be getting more turkeys next year and if I'm real lucky,I'll move to where I can have me a hog!

I know buddy, I just couldn't help the "cougar" comment:s0108:

Good luck on the Bobcat! I sure wouldn't let it go to waist, I think
You'll enjoy it.

Meat is meat. But I will tell ya Coot, Cormorant and Crow suck LOL
But you can eat them.

All fish is edible and good, except one locally. Just starve before you eat a sucker. They are the grossest textured and tasting fish on this planet. Yellow/Green Sheite to be honest.

Last Edited:
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I suppose rocky mountain oysters are going up too? Ate them once at our yacht club when they had "big game night" and people brought what they shot.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Rabbit Hutches... They don't talk loud, they are tasty, but buy some Butter to add in Fat... They are lean on that...

But keep them out of smell range of dogs, they will eat their young, before they let a dog get close... And then you have to start over...

loved my wife's rabbit catchatori (spelling is horrid, I am not Italian)

philip...

And Taku, having been greated with your Mal's Paw, I won't ever talk of ~that dinner~ in your house!!!! :rolleyes:

(I have stout legs, and his Grand Mals front paw, Completely Covered my KNEE)!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top