JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking I want to go BDC etched, or BDC dials. That's not set in stone as of yet. I've looked around the web in search of what's available to give me more of an interest. The search, Nikon appears to be in the lead. If you know of other brands, I'd appreciate other suggestions for this type of rifle scope. I'd like to know what else is available.

Sig and Leupold. Just ordered the Sig turret yesterday. You gotta give em all your info such as bullet, weight, coefficient, altitude blaw blaw blaw etc....:cool: The dude was really cool fwiw...

How much are you looking to spend?
100$ or 2500$? Somewhere in between?

What are you planning on using it for?
Hunting, precision, or just plinking.

Vortex has an awesome warranty and lots of options.

Problem with a dedicated cds type dial is your stuck shooting that 1 load. Which is fine if that's all you use I suppose.
Better to pick an moa or mil dial with a reticle to match.

Do you want your reticle to be accurate at all power ranges or just max? Front focal plane vs second focal.

The rifle you have is capable of shooting tiny little groups. Buy once cry once.

How much are you looking to spend?
100$ or 2500$? Somewhere in between?

What are you planning on using it for?
Hunting, precision, or just plinking.

Vortex has an awesome warranty and lots of options.

Problem with a dedicated cds type dial is your stuck shooting that 1 load. Which is fine if that's all you use I suppose.
Better to pick an moa or mil dial with a reticle to match.

Do you want your reticle to be accurate at all power ranges or just max? Front focal plane vs second focal.

The rifle you have is capable of shooting tiny little groups. Buy once cry once.

Everything you mention is considered. I have a Vortex PST G2 5-25×50 FFP, and a PST G2 3-15×44 FFP. That should eliminate where I am with optics. I've got the PST G1-or G2 2-10 or 2.5-10 in mind, if nothing having BDC gets my attention.

I was just curious what was available and reliable be for I settled in the V, 2-10ish or higher magnification.

i like FFP turret scopes with a nice reticle such as the vortex ebr 2c reticle. if you make a shot you can use the reticle to measure how much adjustment you need to make. pretty cool playin around with stuff like that

If shooting 400 and under, BDC reticle. If shooting beyond 400, turrets. Especially if hunting. When I hunt, I'm typically shooting 400 and closer. I don't have time to fiddle around with the scope.
i set my turret to a 200yrd zero while hunting. if its further i hold over using my reticle if i feel i have no time to mess around. otherwise i'll dial it in to get a clean shot

My being a hunter, I can relate.
The scopes I have, are dedicated to what they reside on. Trust me in saying, that the day my 5-25 arrived, it WAS mocked up on this rifle. I was ALL giggity. LOL. And it sat on top with dignity. But there this 223 sat, naked and forgotten, with only the Seeking rings as remembrance. Lol. The etched BDC scopes are interesting. Shepherd scopes are more interesting. On the note, I've also read they're not all they're hyped up to be, so my interest is from those with hands on. Ideally, I like the thought of the higher magnification. On that, I like the thought of not breaking the bank too. Nightforce scopes, not happening in my reality. I'm waist deep in Vortex now. On that note, maybe another 5-25. Heavy suckers

image.jpg2_zpsmp2esnzz.jpg

Leupold FX3 12x40mm AO Target, Tikka T3 Lite Stainless .223.

If I can see it, I can hit it.

P

Last Edited:

I'm late to this party, but if others are considering the same, I would suggest looking at the Toric model from Tract Optics. The BDC reticle is etched and they toss in a high turret kit with zero stop, should you choose to install it. You can hold over, or dial, your choice.

I bought the Toric 3-15x42 BDC, but I haven't yet given it enough of a workout to speak definitively one way or the other. I'm impressed so far, and liked reviews I had read prior to purchase.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews