JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went looking for an aftermarket chassis that works like the Tac A1, didn't find anything.
The MDT chassis is nice but I like the Tac A1 idea of using AR15/10 parts on a bolt gun.
So I guess I'm making one lol. I grew up with some of the nicest wood and laminate stocks (most carved the old way)... but I love my cnc cut 6061 as well, something about those ball mill marks.

1000002253.jpg 1000002254.jpg

Very handy! I recently picked up a MDT Tac21 for my rifle, I absolutely love it but it is heavy. I really wish I had bought an aftermarket trigger to install at the same time as it was a five handed cluster assembling it. It's going to keep the stock trigger as long as I own it, LOL.

The printed protype fits nicely. The print is a bit saggy for some reason but 6061 doesn't sag. Feeds those 7mm PRC rounds just dandy. Archangel mag because it's what I had and it works in this chassis.

1000002350.jpg 1000002355.jpg

Got my Shillen 1-8 barrel blank all trimed , dialed and threaded. I do like the Tikka action design, simple action and basic barrel tenon.
I know breach counter bores have benefits but they are a pain IMHO.
It's in the chamber lathe ready to get busy.

1000002358.jpg 1000002361.jpg