JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they want to take their sweet time infringing on our rights, I'm sorry I mean regulating us, and need a heep ton of capital? As far as I care every single one of them and go visit the unemployment line.
Or set their salary to the nation wide average of working class people(excluding speciality/higher up) and prohibit their ability to make any other income.
See how they like living on our dime for a year, hell even a month

As far as I care their liars who have a digital database.

It actually sounds like that for all the scare-mongering about not keeping a digital database. First off, they are acting as a central repository for every gun dealer who ever closed up shop. It's obviously a lot of records.

Secondly, in an age when Optical Character Recognition software works pretty seamlessly (I know, I use it in my business frequently) that whole bit about converting documents to a PDF then a TIFF and then tagging it with metadata such as FFL license, means they ARE automating the search process on a central repository of a huge amount of personal sale data. Basically, they're using a digital workaround for the law forbidding them from building a searchable database -- it's a database of images (which are text searchable with OCR software) rather than plain text (which can be searched faster than images), but it is nonetheless a searchable database.

Dirty rat batshards.

It actually sounds like that for all the scare-mongering about not keeping a digital database. First off, they are acting as a central repository for every gun dealer who ever closed up shop. It's obviously a lot of records.

Secondly, in an age when Optical Character Recognition software works pretty seamlessly (I know, I use it in my business frequently) that whole bit about converting documents to a PDF then a TIFF and then tagging it with metadata such as FFL license, means they ARE automating the search process on a central repository of a huge amount of personal sale data. Basically, they're using a digital workaround for the law forbidding them from building a searchable database -- it's a database of images (which are text searchable with OCR software) rather than plain text (which can be searched faster than images), but it is nonetheless a searchable database.

Dirty rat batshards.
Yuuup. I knew they used PDF's but great example you used about a loophole they use. Seems to me they should be arrested for constructive intent. Lol.

Rather have them spend a lot of money and do nothing. Productive government is dangerous government. Just keep things like they are and trim their staff 10%.

998389_511303055618597_1611459062_n.jpg

definitely a propaganda piece, I was surprised they are following the law regarding not keeping a searchable database with names
Right at the end he says they scan all of the documents to image formats. Left unsaid is that once in that format, they can be searched with Optical Character Recognition software -- that's as close to a database as to be a distinction without a difference.

7:45 informative video on the storage and retrieval of crime gun information.

Unknown what they are leaving out of this, at least it gives some perspective of the task.
Based on a briefing I heard from an ATF Agent, the scanned documents ARE searchable, but the only thing they are allowed to search for is Firearms information and not by the Buyer information. So he said. When I questioned him on that statement he said, it is the law. So - in tracing a specific gun they can search by gun information (Mfr, Model, Serial Number, Description (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Revolver, etc) and caliber. That's what he said - now I don't believer he would intentionally lie to me, I really don't, and I know him. But do I trust the beauracrats in the government? Do you?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top