JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I have a question here, This ASR mount/brake, does it index to a beveled crown (11 deg?) or does it butt up flush?
Not to question our resident 'Smith, but depending on the unit being installed, if there is any gap, I.E. a crown, it creates a mini blast chamber and will erode the crown and back side of the unit installed same as the baffles inside the suppressor! Ever pulled the brake off a well used AR, you'll see exactly the same effect! Now, If the break leaves the crown fully exposed, that's different, and that's when you WANT a true crown, just make sure there isn't a short bit of thread or extra material between the crown and the beginnings of the brake, other wise your going to see the same erosion in that part of the brake and it can effect the accuracy same as a bad crown! It really sets off my OCD to see ill fitted brakes or flash suppressors, especially when the crown isn't addressed!

Are you talking about having threads exposed within the muzzle device itself right, since the muzzle device bottomed out on the barrel's thread shoulder before completely threading through?

Yes, this will allow a larger area, not by a lot, but some area for expanding gas, heat, and pressure to exist.

I don't think it would be a whole lot though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top