JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CA running short of electricity and water. And yet.....they continue to welcome illegals. Go figure?

Note : Lake Mead's water level. Not to mention that electricity production is also down because of the low water level..

Aloha, Mark

What if you live in one of these states and aren't using their power because you already generate your own electricity via wind/solar/methane-producing cows or whatever?

Glad we were somehow able to slip my son's birthday present (gaming computer) into the state...kinda like standard cap mags in Cali. Such rebels we are. So I guess they are planning on shutting down videographers and photographers in all these states as well. Glad Hollywood is not located in Cali. sarc/ off

My image processing computer has a gaming equivalent graphics card, four hard drives and a significantly large power supply. One of my other son's computer, who does video for a living, is much more powerful than mine. Once again...these people are idiots. (Politicians that is.)

Meaningless because there's all those hydrophonics, drying operations for marijuana; and all those electric vehicle charging stations.. as well as Hollywood as pointed out. Its just the States being stupid and controlling... what's next, prohibiting certain "high performance"/"industrial" HVAC/AC systems on the basis of energy usage? :rolleyes:

Meaningless because there's all those hydrophonics, drying operations for marijuana; and all those electric vehicle charging stations.. as well as Hollywood as pointed out. Its just the States being stupid and controlling... what's next, prohibiting certain "high performance"/"industrial" HVAC/AC systems on the basis of energy usage? :rolleyes:

Ssshhhh.
Dont give them any more stupid ideas. They are doing just fine on their own.

@Lennie - Thanks for sharing a published story, that is the first one I have seen.

From the Register:
" short-idle energy consumption of 66.29 watts and 563.01 watts when stressed. "

Forgetting "short-idle" We have if it uses less energy than a 75w light bulb, you can't buy it.
6x 100w when running full out.

How does your circular saw do? Table Saw.
Hairdryer -- my wife's is 1500 w full out.

I /assume/ that OR just specified follow the CA standard.

Make an impact, rather than discount more use, increase cost/more.

Use 1kw pay 6c
Use 2kw, pay 13c higher rate for more use.

For reference:

The purpose of these rules is to establish procedures to govern the enforcement and amendment of standards found in ORS 469.229 through 469.261, which establish minimum energy efficiency standards for equipment and appliances for sale or use in Oregon that are not federally regulated.

That didn't stop Dr. Evil.

I wonder what effect this will have on crypto mining? Probably a lot of shift away from those areas?
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what drove part of the restriction.

I was looking for a good multimedia platform for high quality vid I shoot with my drone and I tend to overspend on equipment when I'm involved in a hobby, which took me to looking at gaming rigs with high end video cards (today, at least.)

I'll probably just build now, but not until chip shortages ease.

I build my own, so I don't ever have to worry about what ever some gov.clone says about the power demands! MSI motherboard and chip set, AMD CPU, Corsair 64 gig Ram, Cheetah 620 SSD, GeForce 1070 Grafix card, all over clocked, I'm all set! :s0155:
But does it have fully semi automatic rgbzzzzzz?

IMG_0188.jpg

Lol. And more lol. And I am losing track of how many data centers Facebook is constructing outside of Prineville.. 8, 9? On the bright side, these centers hardly draw any power and the state is rolling in the taxes they are collecting on such..............

Lol. And more lol. And I am losing track of how many data centers Facebook is constructing outside of Prineville.. 8, 9? On the bright side, these centers hardly draw any power and the state is rolling in the taxes they are collecting on such..............
And FB just released their quarterly earnings report with $29.1 billion in revenue which gave them a quarterly profit of $9.5 billion. FB has almost 2 billion people using their app on a daily basis.

And they have over $60 billion in on hand cash.

I am not a FB user and I don't agree with their influence or censorship. FB is all about money.

If PCs become more efficient, they'll just lower the power consumption bar to maintain a grip.
And, uh, all the while trying to mandate electric vehicle sales that will burden our derelict, cyber-attack-prone infrastructure.
After they mandate EV's, they'll say "see, we tried to reduce the load on the grid by limiting PC power, but it didn't work and we need to quadruple your taxes to build a better, stronger electrical grid, which afterwards we will shame everyone for using too much electricity and limit how much you can use to drive every day"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top