JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Okay the gist is that California, and other States decided that certain gaming PCs cannot be sold to these States because they are "power hungry" and take up more electricity.... while there's all those greenhouses, grow house, drying house operations for marijuana that surely takes more electricity... :rolleyes:

It's true. Dell even has it listed on their website on their Alienware boxes that exceed the restrictions on our crappy states. I talked to one of the reps and asked them to send me the link to the legislation, but Dell hasn't gotten it all updated yet.

You can see for yourself. Pop out there and look at their machines ready-to-ship. The good ones all tell you that they won't ship to those states.

I'm now going to call high end machines that I built myself "undocumented".

Maybe they're just trying to prevent wildfires from the proliferation of hot AMD products:
Screenshot_20210726-203803_Gallery.jpg

-Robert

That's the usual BS humor of it. You can buy all the individual parts and build it yourself, no problem. Buying a fully assembled? Problem.
Our state is run by Todds, no surprise.

That's the usual BS humor of it. You can buy all the individual parts and build it yourself, no problem. Buying a fully assembled? Problem.
Our state is run by Todds, no surprise.
That was the first thing I thought when I saw this. I know squat about gaming but, I figured anyone who was and needed that kind of power could surely easily just put one of these together? We are being run by amazingly stupid people.

I build my own, so I don't ever have to worry about what ever some gov.clone says about the power demands! MSI motherboard and chip set, AMD CPU, Corsair 64 gig Ram, Cheetah 620 SSD, GeForce 1070 Grafix card, all over clocked, I'm all set! :s0155:

It'd be interesting if state office computers fall under these guidelines...
I haven't looked in a long time, but I guarantee whatever they're using is archaic... they're still developing in .net!

At least I haven't seen any requests for COBOL projects from OR (can't say the same for other states lol).

-Robert

It'd be interesting if state office computers fall under these guidelines...
I'd be interesting how much energy they could save if they'd ban GD news broadcasts down to only 3 hours per day per station. Most everything else is re-runs anyway for more than half a year.

Customers seeking to purchase, for example, an Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition R10 Gaming Desktop from Dell's website and have it shipped to California are now presented with a message that tells buyers they're out of luck.

"This product cannot be shipped to the states of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont or Washington due to power consumption regulations adopted by those states," the website says. "Any orders placed that are bound for those states will be canceled."

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top