JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

I have a basic understanding of ballistic vests. In the above scenario, we don't know the type of vest used, or the incoming rounds that defeated it. So lets assume it was an AR or AK. Is there not a "soft" vest (Kevlar +) That can handle these types of rounds, or are plates the only sure fire (sorry for the pun) way to defeat a 2000+ fps round?

Is there not a "soft" vest (Kevlar +) That can handle these types of rounds, or are plates the only sure fire (sorry for the pun) way to defeat a 2000+ fps round?
So far; there are no soft armor that reliably defeats 7.62x39, 5.56x45, 7.62x51 rounds from 15 meters. Level 4 ceramic plates reliably stops all these. some Level 3 hard plates stops some 5.56 ammo but hot 5.56 (M193 from 20+" barrels for example, or M855 green tips) will punch through polyethylene Level 3 plates and some ceramic level 3 plates.. however there are those Level 3+ Special Threat plates that stops the M855 abd M193s at most velocities.. and I have a set that is Level 3+ Special Threat rated In Conjunction With 3A soft armor and its rated by the UK to stop SS109 (M855s).

I have a basic understanding of ballistic vests. In the above scenario, we don't know the type of vest used, or the incoming rounds that defeated it. So lets assume it was an AR or AK. Is there not a "soft" vest (Kevlar +) That can handle these types of rounds, or are plates the only sure fire (sorry for the pun) way to defeat a 2000+ fps round?
I just want to know how to say "Breaking Bad" in Spanish...now, I'll never know.

No idea if this stuff works, but I tend to agree with Camo's comments above.

You know.. that company has no products on the NIJ Certified Products List, as far as I could see... whether thats because they don't have the money to send to the NIJ agencies to test, or they didn't pass NIJ certifications, I don't know. Bit spendy for something not NIJ certified though. Not sure what material they used.. or if its a variation of the Dragon Skin stuff?

You know.. that company has no products on the NIJ Certified Products List, as far as I could see... whether thats because they don't have the money to send to the NIJ agencies to test, or they didn't pass NIJ certifications, I don't know. Bit spendy for something not NIJ certified though. Not sure what material they used.. or if its a variation of the Dragon Skin stuff?
In the short video it looks like it's something of a hexagon shape when he's bending it. Either way it's hella expensive but damn if that's not impressive.

In the short video it looks like it's something of a hexagon shape when he's bending it. Either way it's hella expensive but damn if that's not impressive.
It is VERY impressive. I use one of his vests at work now after an LEO recommended them. If it's still there one group took one of those vests like this and shot it with a 50BMG. Damned if it did not stop that round. The guys doing the video were not expecting that. Many here of course did not seem to "get" it, saying the damage would most likely still kill the person wearing it. The amazing part was the vest is not made to stop that round yet it did.
I use one of his soft vests. The video testing on them is impressive too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top