JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i am going to talk to Willamette Valley Firearms. have heard good things about them, including that they are friends with little bear firearms, which is an outstanding owner and place.

as for the security store, i feel sorry for them. they are down to two employees. they need to sell some the inventory to keep the place open. the owner paid a ton for the guns that he has, so to make any money they have to find people who will pay a ton plus profit for a gun. i'd like to see a firearms store make it, but i fear that the security store has been so seedy with the customers that there is really nothing that they could do to get their reputation back.

What goes around comes around.

You should have looked in the business section for reviews, i go in there just to watch them trip all over their lies, plus there boss/owner is a big tool driving around souped up wannabe mopar muscle cars. when I got into handcuffs mark was trying to sell me s&w cuffs for 45.00, got them here on the forums for 10 bucks new.

Also Casey's favorite line is, "oh you like that, that's specially made in Israel, you know IMI right? They make the greatest stuff ever, military specs and everything" he was talking about a ncstar holo sight

Not a fan of theirs. After getting quoted $680 for a Glock 19 and me laughing to myself about how ridiculous they are while walking out, never been back since. Picked my 19 up for HUNDREDS LESS! They're close to me, but I'd rather spend my gas money driving down to any gunbroker location than go there again.

just went there{gunbroker} yesterday.they had a draco for 399.great local place to shop.ive done a few deals with them and they were at the time cheaper than listings here for what i was looking for.

Does this also count as bait and switch?

They sold me a mag, for $35. It turns out to be a very poor fit for my rifle, so loose it barely stays in the rifle at all, and wouldn't so much as chamber a round. They told me they had a whole stack of mags, and if I brought my rifle in, they'd go through them all and find one that fits right. So I do exactly that. Turns out they don't have a whole stack, they have just one other mag, and it's just as loose and poorly fitting. Now it's possible that the rifle is out of spec (although not super likely, since the rifle came with two mags that do fit perfectly). The conclusion they came to was that I should take it or leave it. I took it and left.

I also ordered an aftermarket mag from Mississippi Auto Arms, which recently came in, it's one that is currently selling for a meager $13, and as luck would have it, fits perfectly.

Does this also count as bait and switch?

They sold me a mag, for $35. It turns out to be a very poor fit for my rifle, so loose it barely stays in the rifle at all, and wouldn't so much as chamber a round. They told me they had a whole stack of mags, and if I brought my rifle in, they'd go through them all and find one that fits right. So I do exactly that. Turns out they don't have a whole stack, they have just one other mag, and it's just as loose and poorly fitting. Now it's possible that the rifle is out of spec (although not super likely, since the rifle came with two mags that do fit perfectly). The conclusion they came to was that I should take it or leave it. I took it and left.

I also ordered an aftermarket mag from Mississippi Auto Arms, which recently came in, it's one that is currently selling for a meager $13, and as luck would have it, fits perfectly.

I doubt what they sold you was even a mag for your rifle. I went in there once to see if they had a mag for a Sig 232 and he says this might fit and pulled a mag out of a PPK. I just turned around and walked out. I'll be real interested to hear what happens if you try to get your money refunded.

That makes me laugh, because a similar thing happen to me. Some time ago, I wanted a mag for a Polish P64. The guy pulls some mag from a drawer that had a few loose mags in it, and hands one to me. I tell him, it's clearly not the right one, because the catch on the P64 is at the heel, and the mag he gave me, whatever it was, was clearly one for a pistol with a mag release by the trigger guard. He said, I could probably use a dremel tool and make a notch in the mag so it would catch in the P64.

Anyways, in regards to my rifle, comparing what they sold my, side by side with what came with the rifle, they are almost impossible to distinguish. In fact, the most readily apparently difference is, that the mags from Security Store were horribly pitted, but the pitting is just painted over, I guess to make the mags look new or something. So maybe they've just had the crap worn out of them, and "refinished" to look like they're still alright.

Come to think of it another time, they tried selling me standard AK mags, for a completely factory-fresh unconverted Saiga. Mags, that first off, would have been illegal to use (on account of 922R), and second off, wouldn't have worked anyways (wouldn't lock in place without modification, and wouldn't feed without first adding a bullet guide).

They also told me heavy ball ammo is what PSL rifles work best with, when in fact, regular use of anything but light ball can seriously damage or even destroy a PSL.

While I never really listened to their "advice,"... it really does make me wonder why I gave them so many chances? Maybe just because of how close they are.

*MOD*
Request that this topic be put under Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews and the title changed to "The Security Store".
Because that's pretty much what this is, is a review for their business. Might as well file it right.

I thought I was the only one who had problems with The Gun Room. I only went in there once as an adult and I found them to be overpriced, not very courteous and not helpful. I have never been back since but the thing that amazes me is they have been in business every since I can remember and I have lived in Portland for over 59 years and can remember going in there once with my dad when I was a kid.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top