JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hello all i just got back from a 90 mile round trip to a place in hillsboro called the security store/fireams.i had arranged prior to give them my rifle and some cash for a draco ak pistol.he said call back in 1/2 hour so i did .he said we can do the draco plus your pre-negotiated cash offer+rifle and 10.00 for the back ground check. cool.i get there and he pulls out a stripped down model without the wood hand guard on the top and told me this is how they come now.what a liar.he had the right model romanian on the wall and said those are 200 to 300 dollars more.his prices are the highest ive ever seen anywhere,please dont fall for this crap go anywhere else.thanks for your time!

Hey cetme, I am friends with Casey (the younger guy) and am in there all the time.
That said, I've never bought a gun there because there prices are so high. They can be flexible on the prices sometimes but I still haven't seen a good deal there, I think they bought a lot of inventory at inflated obamascare prices and are still trying to unload it. I mostly just get ammo and accessories from him.
Not trying to make excuses for the bait and switch, but I know they're pretty disorganized and don't always communicate well with each other. It's also very possible he sold the gun out from under you-they don't mark guns set aside for customers. They also have a lot of product that is incomplete so he may have not thought the missing handguard was worth mentioning.
Sounds like a frustrating experience, that's why I don't like trading into dealers (cars, guns, or anything) I always end up pissed off and feeling cheated.

my conversation was with the older fellow thats usually at the desk on the left of the door.he told me he would have a yugoslavian or romanian draco for the trade.i offerd 25.00 on top of our original deal so i could get a "REAL DRACO" that we agreed on originally.he knew i could get one in salem for 369.00 thats why he offered it to me for the same deal supposedly.total misrepresentation.it sucks as i really have to save and scrimp to have something decent and waste 15.00 for gas and time driving for a fluke.wont happen again.

Their prices seem to be all over the place. Some things FAR too expensive, and some things about on par with everywhere else. I did buy a couple of guns from them, but only because I was sure the prices were good. I don't like how they price their ammo, though, as it seems a lot of the time, it's the same price per round regardless of the kind of ammo it is, who makes it, or what not. It never seems to work in the good way, that is, you never seem to get good ammo for the price of crappy ammo, but you do sometimes get crappy stuff for the price of decent ammo. I don't like paying the same for steel-cased, corrosive surplus that could get me brass-cased, new production ammo. What really left a bad taste in my mouth was that they sell reloaded 9mm Luger at $17.50 for 50 rounds! For less than $13/box, I can get quality factory ammo, and can get steel-cased Bear or Wolf stuff for around $9/box. Don't see myself coming back there very often... if at all.

The Security Store. Be afraid. Be very afraid. These guys are a bunch of yahoos. No offense to e28Rusty, but Casey is the biggest tool of them all. I'm amazed these guys are still in business. I rank them just slightly ahead of "The Gun Room" on the "don't ever step foot in there" scale.

Funny experience I had in there, asking about an Aimpoint CompM4 they had. No battery installed, and I was told the reason was that customers leave the optic on, and they burn through the batteries. :s0114:

Somehow they are burning through 80,000+ hours of battery life in a couple of days. :s0114::s0112:

Sometimes i think, they think, "The s--- already hit the fan". And they are the only place in town with stuff. I love the "We are down to our last (fill in the blank)" and "Better stock up now because Obama is (fill in the blank)". Not sure how there still in business?

Lefty.

Haha none taken. I never said he wasn't a tool, but I've known him for years so he's fun to talk to. Mark (the older guy) is really weird and unpredictable (moody), I'm not surprised you had problems with him. They are both pretty unprofessional and don't seem to have any qualms about bsing to make a sale. I think they stay in business selling to the uninformed. They also charge a lot for special orders--cost+10%+"shipping"... Ends up being well above what it's worth.

I stopped in there last year just to see what all the stink was about.

Lots of guns that were waaaaaaay overpriced and covered in Tapco plastic crap parts.

Went home and took a shower to get the dirty feeling off.

Their prices seem to be all over the place. Some things FAR too expensive, and some things about on par with everywhere else. I did buy a couple of guns from them, but only because I was sure the prices were good. I don't like how they price their ammo, though, as it seems a lot of the time, it's the same price per round regardless of the kind of ammo it is, who makes it, or what not. It never seems to work in the good way, that is, you never seem to get good ammo for the price of crappy ammo, but you do sometimes get crappy stuff for the price of decent ammo. I don't like paying the same for steel-cased, corrosive surplus that could get me brass-cased, new production ammo. What really left a bad taste in my mouth was that they sell reloaded 9mm Luger at $17.50 for 50 rounds! For less than $13/box, I can get quality factory ammo, and can get steel-cased Bear or Wolf stuff for around $9/box. Don't see myself coming back there very often... if at all.

I ran into the same thing there... Didn't leave me very happy. Kinda sad, because its on the way home from work, but... Such is life. Not gonna get my business, though.

That, and listening to their younger sales guy lie to the other customers. That torqued me off a bit. Sure, you gotta make your sales, but it pissed me off a little.

I don't understand people. When I worked at a very well known shop on the Eastside, we usually could not keep the good stuff on the wall. We would try for 20% over cost (unless someone else sold them for less and we knew or it was a Glock...$499 across the board on standard calibers) but most of the time you can't even get it for that. We were told not to use tactics like the whole 'Obama' thing, as this was a pretty lackluster sales attempt. It's okay to want to tell people what you know, its quite another to act like a know it all when you are making it up as you go.

I drove by that store yesterday and almost stopped in for the first time. Cetme has let me know that my decision to keep driving was the correct one, and thanks for that.

Having said that, I would never engage a gun deal "over the phone", or even on this forum. Personally, I have to actually see the gun before any serious dealing starts. I certainly may say "If the gun is as you say it is, I'll pay you x amount for it", but I always add the caveat that I have to see the gun.

If the seller finds someone that operates without this requirement, and will pay him the same amount, I cannot hold that against the seller, even if I was the first "nibble".

funny thing...ive been doing/arranging trades and cash deals over the phone for over 35 years.must have got lucky i guess.when a man says he has EXACTLY what you want and when you get there,its not EVEN wtf he said on the phone it REALLY angers me.i do my very best to communicate before WASTING their and,or my time.been there done that as a kid,that being said a DRACO is draco period.i wouldnt have cared if it was used.just my .02 cetme

... Having said that, I would never engage a gun deal "over the phone", or even on this forum. Personally, I have to actually see the gun before any serious dealing starts. I certainly may say "If the gun is as you say it is, I'll pay you x amount for it", but I always add the caveat that I have to see the gun.

If the seller finds someone that operates without this requirement, and will pay him the same amount, I cannot hold that against the seller, even if I was the first "nibble".

I've bought a lot of guns on this forum and never been bit. My deal is, since I know I want the gun and don't want to get beat out, I post "I'll take it." Then I go to meet FTF and buy the gun. If the gun was misrepresented, I'd walk, but that hasn't come close to happening.

What's actually happened is that I've met some really nice people on here, 100%. We also have feedback here which helps.

$.02

I'll put in a plug here for Willamette Valley Firearms. Haven't bought from Robert, but met him this last Saturday. Seems like a straight shooter with very competitive prices. Not a huge selection, but I think that's because he moves stuff thru pretty quickly. You should check him out if you're on the West Side.

i agree.ive been in contact with them this week also.i believe they will make a deal and stick with it.this was the first time ive ever voiced my opinion about something of this nature.the deal with the security store in hillsboro left me with a sour attitude.there was no miscommunication on my part or his.hopefully this will help someone else to not have such a stupid problem like this one.or worse i hope willamette valley firearms will do well on this site.
PS ive had very good luck with people ive delt with on this site.my reason contacting the security store in the first place was i heard they had lots of guns.they do!at ridiculous prices.never again.

i am going to talk to Willamette Valley Firearms. have heard good things about them, including that they are friends with little bear firearms, which is an outstanding owner and place.

as for the security store, i feel sorry for them. they are down to two employees. they need to sell some the inventory to keep the place open. the owner paid a ton for the guns that he has, so to make any money they have to find people who will pay a ton plus profit for a gun. i'd like to see a firearms store make it, but i fear that the security store has been so seedy with the customers that there is really nothing that they could do to get their reputation back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top