JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is beyond bizarre.
Any possible way of contacting the forum member just to make sure before we jump to conclusions?

The first link didnt work for me, the second only had personal info of the shooter.

Man.. Please, no one else lose it like that!
Honestly, if any of you guys need to talk to someone I know myself and a whole bunch of other guys are always here to lend an ear or hand.

This is beyond bizarre.
Any possible way of contacting the forum member just to make sure before we jump to conclusions?

The first link didnt work for me, the second only had personal info of the shooter.

Man.. Please, no one else lose it like that!
Honestly, if any of you guys need to talk to someone I know myself and a whole bunch of other guys are always here to lend an ear or hand.

He has not been on here since June 22nd. His ads are still up on outdoorstrader and armslist with a number listed but I do not want to try calling and get his mother at this time.

For those that are questioning if it actually is him, yes it is. One of his previous ads has a link to his photo bucket account that has pics of his Pacer (the car in the reports) and his ads on the other sites list the 44mag and the rifle used in the report.

Wow,
"Now thats the kind of psychopath who goes in and shoots up a mall"

Quote from a responder to his thread on stormfront site.

Did any one know this guy personally? Did he seem like a normal, stable fellow? I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

I put it all together when I read the report. Name is Zach, drives a AMC, lives in Dillard, 30's, screen name of coosbaycreep, shot himself with a 44Mag. I met the guy twice in trades and purchases, very recluse.
Too bad for his Mom.

This is really terrifying. Personally I think his profile and this thread should be removed from this site. If someone in the media finds this thread and then does what we all just did, Google his screen name? This one guy could be a turning point. This is exactly what the gun grabbers need. Not some obviously mental wacko that got his hands on a gun, but a self subscribed gun enthusiast with a active participation and acceptance in the firearms community. Steps should be taken to make sure this guy is not the emissary to this site and to the firearms community in general. I am saddened and shocked by this but the revelation that it was a member in good standing of the firearms community is absolutely shocking, terrifying on so many levels.

You guys who mentioned having met him may end up being interviewed by LE, who knows. And if there's a wrongful death action against his estate (and against anyone who sold him a firearm), the plaintiff's lawyers maybe conducting discovery.

This is really terrifying. Personally I think his profile and this thread should be removed from this site. If someone in the media finds this thread and then does what we all just did, Google his screen name? This one guy could be a turning point. This is exactly what the gun grabbers need. Not some obviously mental wacko that got his hands on a gun, but a self subscribed gun enthusiast with a active participation and acceptance in the firearms community. Steps should be taken to make sure this guy is not the emissary to this site and to the firearms community in general. I am saddened and shocked by this but the revelation that it was a member in good standing of the firearms community is absolutely shocking, terrifying on so many levels.
Agreed.

May not be easy for the forum owner though.

If anyone has the ability to talk directly with the site owners, I would say this warrants at the minimum an emergency discussion. Maybe he cant be purged from the site but there must be measures that could be taken to minimize exposure and fallout. Start by "banning" his screen name, or better maybe changing his screen name to "banned"

I guess I don't understand how this guy would be some kind of rallying point for the anti-gunners. Okay, he was a gun enthusiast, but forums like this don't screen people for membership. It's a public forum, anyone can join in the conversation. The fact that he was a member here hardly gives a black eye to the community. Heck, would we condemn Starbucks if the guy sat down with a couple gun enthusiasts over coffee to discuss their favorite weapons? Or what if he chatted with a couple of guys at a range one day - does that somehow make the range look bad?

No, this guy clearly had some kind of issue. We can't possibly hope to police everyone that reads these boards, it's not possible. I'm not qualified to judge a person's mental state based solely on forum posts, are you? If so, what would you be looking for? And what could you do about it?

I used to belong to a Slingshot forum where a member from Thailand, an Austrailian, ex-patriot who was also ex-military had a regular presence. To the folks there, they could see this guy had a screw loose. Eventually it crossed the line and he started mentioning things like how he would kill someone if they messed with his stuff, for example. His posts began taking a violent turn. He was immediately banned from the forum. Whether or not someone reported him to the authorities in Thailand, I have no idea, I don't even know if they had enough information on him to do that. But the forum did the right thing - as soon as he showed any violent tendencies, he was shut down.

They didn't tolerate it, and I'm certain this forum, Joe and the members, would also likewise not tolerate any kind of threatening, violent or dangerous content. I don't remember this guy, so I can't say if he was doing any of that stuff here. But if that does happen, then I would hope anyone who suspects something potential dangerous is going on would consider reporting it. At the very least, stop them from commenting here.

I don't think this thread should be shut down as it's an important discussion. What do we do if a member takes a bad turn? How should we handle it? Probably better to address that now than to wait and see if or when it happens again.

I had sent him a text in the days following the crime asking him if he had any reloading dies for sale just to see if he would respond because I had a feeling it was him. I'm not afraid of being red flagged though, my cousin is a Sergeant for Douglas County Sheriff so I'm good.:cool:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top