JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well that's good to hear I was told wrong.

Funny thing is, my order was placed online and I didn't seem to have any problems with the multi-unit primer/powder order but a friend called to place an order and they limited him to ONLY one pound of powder.

So bottom line seems to be online orders appear to be handled differently from phoned in orders? :s0092:

good luck, I stocked up before the election
Got that right. :D

Some places will ship 50lbs primers and powder under one has mat fee.
Most places post warnings that primers and powder cannot be shipped in the same container. Similarly with tracer projos, if you're into that...I'm not.

This is the sort of situation some very perceptive folks predicted way last year. :s0131:

When I bought mine. :D

Fortunately. :s0155:

I placed an order for a few different types of primers and the same for powder and they were all back ordered. That was Cabelas. Link

At least they will accept back orders.

The trouble is, the various items came dribbling in at different times, and as they came in they shipped whatever they got. I got dinged the hazmat fee every time.

The good news was it was a fairly large order for each item, so the math wasn't too bad for each batch ($20 for 4,000 primers for instance) but still...

I guess if you want them badly enough and are willing to wait... :p

I just talked to Cabelas. I have a back order for 3 different primer brands on the same order. The rep said I would not get charged multiple hazmat fees if they ship separately. I would call and talk to them. The rep even put me on hold and asked someone else to make sure.

I just talked to Cabelas. I have a back order for 3 different primer brands on the same order. The rep said I would not get charged multiple hazmat fees if they ship separately. I would call and talk to them. The rep even put me on hold and asked someone else to make sure.

Ditto on that. I've had several different powders come dribbling in and am still waiting on one powder and several different primers and so far I have not been hit with multiple hazmat fees.

In fact since the original order was was quite awhile ago, I just received an email stating that several items that were on backorder needed to be called in via phone in order keep them on backorder or they would be cancelled. I quick phone call to confirm that I wanted to keep them on backorder seems to have "restarted" the clock. :s0131:

Hopefully they won't take too much longer...

Thanks. I just sent an email showing a copy/paste of my shipments and hazmat fees. I'll let you know what they do.

OK, I've done all I know to do. I've called and emailed. I keep getting dinged for each part of my order that trickles in and they tell me that's correct. Here's a paste from an email I got from Cabelas yesterday.

This partial shipment - 2,000 primers - of a total order I placed for primers, all at the same time on the same date. I get this "fee" every time they ship.

I'm paying roughly $45.xx per 1,000 for primers.

I offered some on here for $45 and folks acted like I was ripping them off. :)

----------------

"Total

Merchandise = $59.98
Fee = $20.00
Postage = $10.95
ORDER TOTAL = $90.93

Payment Types Used On This Order

Credit Card -- American Express xxxx = $90.93

These amounts reflect the charges and payment type(s) for the order as it was originally placed. Items may arrive in more than one shipment and charges may show as multiple transactions on your credit card statement."

They won't hold the items until the whole order is ready?

No. They ship as they come in. The email notice which they always send upon shipping shows what I still have on back order. I ordered 2k each of most common primers (for me) in CCI - 4 types, 8k total. They dribble in at that cost for each 2k primers.

The shipper gets the hazmat for each shipment. If it's dribbled out like that, you may be on the hook for it. Cabela's isn't likely to front for it, since the hazmat is equal or greater than most small orders.

The only time I even entertained getting into such a situation was with Wideners and Midway, but I made sure they were good about being up to date on "In Stock/Backorder" flags on their websites, and the orders were large enough to make it worth my while on the hazmat and shipping. I'll never need to order primers again.

OK, well right now I really don't know another way to stock up on primers so I just keep paying about $45 per 1,000. I actually already had bought a bunch of primers from Jack at Dan-Dee Sales for a much better price so now I'm just stocking up.

I guess I have no one to blame but myself - my choice. :)

I just got an email from Cabelas CANCELLING my entire list of backorder items. :huh: This is AFTER I called them to keep them on backorder. Interesting enough the only items left on my original order were LR, LP, and SP primers, 4350 powder and .224 bullets. :confused: :confused:

OK, well right now I really don't know another way to stock up on primers so I just keep paying about $45 per 1,000. I actually already had bought a bunch of primers from Jack at Dan-Dee Sales for a much better price so now I'm just stocking up.

I guess I have no one to blame but myself - my choice. :)
To feel better, you can always average the cost out...if I go back far enough, I can remember $6/1K primers, so the average is easier to think about...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top