JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went into Bi-Mart today (around 3:30) to pick up a Ruger 10/22 takedown that I had a raincheck for. I filled out the 4473 and when the lady started to enter my info. there was a database error on the screen. The other lady said that it shouldn't effect anything. After she she entered my info, I went to 4 of 30 then 3 of 30. Then it said database error again and it got delayed. Anybody else experience this today? I have an FFL C&R and a CHL and I always get instant approval. Was wondering if the system was really down, or if was just Bi-mart entering my info wrong. It seemed like it was her first time.

Good Afternoon,
The NICS was taken out of service at 6:45pm (read 3:45 PST) this evening.
We will keep you informed as we receive information.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

now, the rest of the news:

The NICS was brought back into service at 8:40pm (read 5:40 PST) this evening.
We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may have caused.

The NICS Business Relations Team

oh provided w/o a cite!

Good Afternoon,

oh provided w/o a cite!

That was approximately 10 seconds of my life I'll never get back. :rolleyes:

I guess folks you failed to equate the pst in the OP's inital post on Tuesday 3 April, as well as missed the OP's question in the next to the last sentence,

"wonder if the system (NICS) was really down...."

Yes, according to FBI's NICS, their system had was in fact down on 3 April and the outage apparently started during the processing of OP's transaction!

I guess folks you failed to equate the pst in the OP's inital post on Tuesday 3 April, as well as missed the OP's question in the next to the last sentence,

"wonder if the system (NICS) was really down...."

Yes, according to FBI's NICS, their system had was in fact down on 3 April and the outage apparently started during the processing of OP's transaction!

(Kruejl, glad to see Evelyn Woods had such a positive influence on your education)

Good Afternoon,

oh provided w/o a cite!
Hopefully there is not a data breech like all the financial institutions. That could be ugly

The new FBI's NICS system was deployed in Jan 17 and seems to have sufficient (read adequate) safe guards to protect citizen's personal data.

April 2nd and 3rd outages were for scheduled maintenance and short term.

Thanks everyone for the replies. It's good to see the system was actually down at the time and is now back up. The lady entering the info seemed new and I had tell her that she needed to take my thumb prints.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top