JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was looking at that myself. One thing that always bothers me is the thought that whatever touches the sight may leave a mark, aluminum leaves a white mark, brass, well, you get the idea. So what does that actual pushing? Am I making too much of that? Phenolic made with cloth is tremendously strong and I was thinking maybe a cup shaped contact tip would do the trick. Let me know if you need one and I'll make a few up for free.

Curious to see how the slide attaches to it... I've never seen one of these in person before.

I normally use the MGW Dedicated Pushers, but they get costly quick when you have multiple weapons to deal with.

I picked one of these up about a year ago, I've used it to remove the sights on all the guns i've refinished and it works great and only scars the site if you get in a hurry and don't get the tooling lined up correctly. :(
Made a couple of modifications to it, added a couple of spacer blocks to the bottom to get it off the bench, and i also use a bar clamp with plastic tips to hold the slide and the tool to the bench to keep things from moving.
Only had one sig that gave me a problem.

XD's need to have the sights beat or machined out like most 1911's.

They're installed with a hydraulic press at the factory.

Most smith's I've talked to won't even touch XD sight jobs cause of this.

To those who have this sight tool, what guns have you used it on and to what success? I, like JC would like to not have to buy 10 different MGW sight tools.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top