JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cameras replacing the SS of the 1930's & 40's Beriln and the KGB of RED Square of the 50's, 60's 70's and beyond.
No different than the beginnings in those places.

The like was put there for brining it to people's attention, not for the subject.
:)

Last Edited:
In my area they installed traffic cameras, then found they did not work for revenue ( they stated) so they stopped using them for catching traffic offenses as was reported in the paper in 2013. One would think would be the end of that, then there were 10 new ones added through the city in 2015. And the city wont confirm they installed them or why they are there. I live in a very conservative place is this why ? Perhaps.

The only people that are going to be bothered by these cameras are those that are doing something worth catching. Follow the "No 4S Rule" (Don't go stupid places, with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times) and my guess is that these cameras are smack dab I the middle of "that" place.

That being said, they are a great tool for the bad guys to use against you. They can be disabled, blocked, or obscured. They can stage things in front of them so you will see it and focus on it and ignore something else happening.

My guess is the people that notice this stuff are also not driving a minivan with a situational awareness that ends about 1/2 inch past the tip of their nose.

It's the collection of data to store facial recognition, time, place and vehicle someone is in plus those who can be seen riding with them. Data is stored for future use.o_O

People are so scared of a federal agency that only has 5000 employees and with a 1 billion dollar budget.

AGAIN jumping to conclusions as to the true purpose. Its most likely they were installed specifically to serve a warrant for a specific location by a judge. A camera being installed to monitor a crime that crosses over into local and FBI jurisdiction must specifically have a warrant issued by a federal judge to allow this jurisdictional override. Gun traffic investigations can fall under RICO cases that may require long term observation. If the ATF installed a camera its most likely its related to interstate crime and they may be counting the number of times a specific vehicle or vehicles is being used to commit a crime from a specific location.

The only people that are going to be bothered by these cameras are those that are doing something worth catching.

Good point. I wonder then if they will start using these for the May Day jack-wagons and other groups blocking streets and traffic without an approved permit to do so? I actually like that a city like Seattle is adding cameras up the wazzu... it's fun to watch the progressives actually live the reality of their minds. For the rest of us, it's kinda like watching one of those ant farm terrariums. ;)

Camera surveillance on the border = bad, camera surveillance on Amerikan citizens = good.

Stalin is smiling.

Camera surveillance on the border = bad, camera surveillance on Amerikan citizens = good.

Stalin is smiling.

The border does have cameras. The very notion that those will stop the influx of illegal immigrants as long as Americans spend billions upon billions of dollars on drugs is also insanity. Because anyone that has ever worked on a border will tell you that its next to impossible to stop well funded or well motivated people from bypassing border protection. Walls and the threat of death didn't stop thousands of people escaping the Berlin Wall and North Korea. HELL I was stationed in Korea, I spent countless days patrolling the DMZ with combat engineers who demoed tunnels all along the border. The North Koreans dug a tunnel that led all the way into apartments in the heart of Seoul.

Comparing that to a federal warrant issued for a camera is not even apples and oranges. It's not even the same food category.

OK NSDQ talked about Korea and food groups.Now I want korean food
What's this "will become" stuff? Walked around any big city and looked up lately?
Actually,no. I don't go to big cities since I discovered Amazon. And if I do happen into a big city ,it's usually driving thru on the freeway

Stalin is happy that you approve.

Political science undergrads cry at your failure to understand the difference between logic and reason and a failure to grasp what a fallacy and fact are.

Because Stalin didn't seek federal warrants he just issued orders. We have this wonderful thing called the DOJ that requires evidence. Grand Jury's and due process.

Political science undergrads cry at your failure to understand the difference between logic and reason and a failure to grasp what a fallacy and fact are.

Because Stalin didn't seek federal warrants he just issued orders. We have this wonderful thing called the DOJ that requires evidence. Grand Jury's and due process.

"Political science" that's a funny one. "DOJ and due process" even better.

You want to be monitored, that's great. I don't particularly like the thought.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top