JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exactly when, and how it starts are not known but ont eh current path we are on, I believe it is inevitable, who knows it may be planned that way, so the gooberment can declare martial law and have more control over the masses,

When it happens it will start with those dependant on the gooberment, and in the inner cities then suburbs where they do not have means to grow their own food, and are totally dependant on the one to three day supply chain.

Well! This article makes me wish that I was considerably smarter because it looks reasonable to me. By the same token it sounds like One Worlder propaganda. I do know that in 2008 when rice production was inadequate and world food rioting was taking place the price of rice in the U.S. skyrocketed. This drought bothers me, how much of our annual income is it going to suck up? Which food items are going to be difficult or impossible to procure? Good thread ATC I'm interested in seeing other members take on it.

Exactly when, and how it starts are not known but ont eh current path we are on, I believe it is inevitable, who knows it may be planned that way, so the gooberment can declare martial law and have more control over the masses,

When it happens it will start with those dependant on the gooberment, and in the inner cities then suburbs where they do not have means to grow their own food, and are totally dependant on the one to three day supply chain.

I think you wear a thicker tin hat than I,but I have called this the "perfect storm" for your idea.
WHATEVER the gov'ment has planned,the drought has given their plan some fuel.Timing was perfect.Things get worse next year,Thebuma get's re-elected,meat is tenderloin priced,grains are out of touch....
Just a couple orchestrated "terrorist attacks" on the infrastructure and we could have martial law

This drought could make the perfect storm come true for this illustrious president.
If re-elected

Oh and KH,maybe you should put some food stores up?;)

Oh and KH,maybe you should put some food stores up?;)

lol, that is a good one

I am not lacking on food stores, at all :) although I plan to get a few of those 5 gallon buckets fruits I saw costco has a good deal, my fruit's and berries, another dozen cases of MRE's sometime soon, a few cases of beef stew, corned beef hash.

I don't know how valid the science is, but I thought it was an interesting topic.

One thing that caught my attention about the article was this...

...researchers at the Complex Systems Institute unveiled a model that accurately explained why the waves of unrest that swept the world in 2008 and 2011 crashed when they did. The number one determinant was soaring food prices.

Greece is an example of exactly the opposite of the "collapse phenomenon" in relation to soaring food prices. Greece went into turmoil over political unrest due to increase in the retirement age, cut public spending and raising taxes. With an entire country on the streets (either holding protest signs or riot shields) then of course food prices soared. However, is it safe to say that food prices were the cause of the protests? Hardly.

What I think it is worth noting is that Greece citizens took the streets in mass over what has been going on in the US since 2006 (or sooner, depending on who you ask).

I think what we should keep our eye on is the rising cost of fuel. When fuel raises EVERYTHING raises. Everything, that is, except our paychecks...

Hey guys, the "Arab Spring" essentially started out as a food riot.. Egypt cut the bread subsidy, Tunisia had one guy set himself on fire. The food riots have already begun, look at the arab world right now.

However, there are a few things to remember, we are in the US, what we spend daily on coffee outpaces what the poor of the world earn in a year. While we will probably see our prices rise, it's unlikely that they will rise out of our grasp. The chances of riots happening here are pretty much zero, even poor people in this country have a car, a big screen TV, and could stand to lose a few pounds. Not so in africa, the middle east, and huge swaths of asia.

Depending on how things turn out this year, this might be a very bad year for al qaeda and the taliban, if they spent all this year growing opium, there will probably be a bigger demand for bread. The same is true for most of the arab world, and yet things just keep getting worse for them. After their "spring" all the tourist dollars, and perhaps even foreign aid will dry up to. Better hope they can find some oil underneath those pyramids because no one is coming to see them.

Whats really scary is you have to realize how many countries rely on foreign food. most of south America, Africa and alot of Asia are welfare states that have to have food shipped in to feed the populace. Really, we are part of a global welfare system and when the west collapses financially, there will be alot of hungry mouths all wanting food from somewhere. The will either starve, or take it from someone who has it. Remember, the PRK is one of the largest of these welfare states and I have a feeling they will use that army of theirs if the things get tough.

Hey guys, the "Arab Spring" essentially started out as a food riot.. Egypt cut the bread subsidy, Tunisia had one guy set himself on fire. The food riots have already begun, look at the arab world right now.

However, there are a few things to remember, we are in the US, what we spend daily on coffee outpaces what the poor of the world earn in a year. While we will probably see our prices rise, it's unlikely that they will rise out of our grasp. The chances of riots happening here are pretty much zero, even poor people in this country have a car, a big screen TV, and could stand to lose a few pounds. Not so in africa, the middle east, and huge swaths of asia.

Depending on how things turn out this year, this might be a very bad year for al qaeda and the taliban, if they spent all this year growing opium, there will probably be a bigger demand for bread. The same is true for most of the arab world, and yet things just keep getting worse for them. After their "spring" all the tourist dollars, and perhaps even foreign aid will dry up to. Better hope they can find some oil underneath those pyramids because no one is coming to see them.

What he/she said

Whats really scary is you have to realize how many countries rely on foreign food. most of south America, Africa and alot of Asia are welfare states that have to have food shipped in to feed the populace. Really, we are part of a global welfare system and when the west collapses financially, there will be alot of hungry mouths all wanting food from somewhere. The will either starve, or take it from someone who has it. Remember, the PRK is one of the largest of these welfare states and I have a feeling they will use that army of theirs if the things get tough.

There have been starving children in Africa since I was a kid. They haven't learned that if the can't feed them don't breed them.
And don't even start on their religious beliefs or their rights to have children.
Fine,have kids you can't feed,just don't ask me,no matter how many meals I can afford to miss because of my girth,to send money OR FOOD to you.

Again,can't feed 'em don't breed 'em
Real simple.

Oh BTW Malinda Gates,devout Catholic,had a face to face with the pope because she said she was in support of birth control. She pointed out to the pope that the other programs haven't worked to save starving children so far.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top