JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be interesting to know the good sams firearm. If it was a snub nose revolver then it would have been a much riskier shot then if it was grandpas model 94 Winchester or a Turkey shotgun.

FULL SERVICE ????? Where. No body here in E Ore washes your window any more.

HWY 97, LaPine. Station on the corner for 58 cutoff. They've done it for me a few times. Countless other places. Not always - like I already stated - but occasionally .

Full disclosure: I also give $$ tips when they are quick to take care of me and I don't look like a mass-murderer nor drive a rusted out POS.... well, not usually.

:eek:

How do they know it was a "Lucky Shot?"

The presumption by many non-gun owners (such as the reporter) is that no gun is capable of doing anything other than harming innocent people.

So: if a non-police officer shoots and hits a crook, it has to have been by a fantastic accident, a lucky miracle to have not killed every innocent person within several miles of the place and left the crook unharmed.

The presumption by many non-gun owners (such as the reporter) is that no gun is capable of doing anything other than harming innocent people.

So: if a non-police officer shoots and hits a crook, it has to have been by a fantastic accident, a lucky miracle to have not killed every innocent person within several miles of the place and left the crook unharmed.
Folks who shoot monthly or more often are likely to be better shots than most officers, with increasingly limited ammo budgets, lenient shooting qualifications and most of them not being firearms enthusiasts. This is a rather complex idea to get across to a reporter looking for an angle for ratings, with a head full of stereotypes of gun owners.

What bothers me is the fact that they are more concerned about the man shooting the robber, as opposed to a life being saved.
But to further discuss the "Lucky Shot". .. they could have been a little more selective with their terminology. Like, it was a "Tough" shot. So even if it was a Lucky shot, they wouldnt be lying to say it was a Tough shot, regardless of the shooters skills, they wouldnt be fabricating a story for the sake of ratings. They just want to portrait guns to be dangerous, even if they save as many lives as they kill.
Exactly. Lucky more easily implies irresponsible. Not that all of the press is anti-gun to the point of bending the truth, but if the shoe fits...

Off topic: I just came back to E. Idaho from a visit in Baker City. At every station the gas attendant washed my windshield. Only had to ask one.

On topic: Because my favorite handgun is a 9mm mousegun, most of my practice involves head (aka CNS) shots. I'm into immediate gratification when it comes to stopping the threat.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews