JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Abortion.
Stay with me, don't hit that report button just yet.

The Supreme Court ruled that Regulation made getting an abortion too hard in Texas.

Regulation had no evidence of making a difference.

Really?!

The Supreme Court Said Regulation Does Not Make a Difference?!

Well then, More gun laws do not make a difference the science, er law, is settled!

upload_2016-6-27_12-37-51.png

upload_2016-6-27_12-38-17.png

It is about Texas. Still it might give hope to some who have to jump thru those hoops today to get a firearm.

<broken link removed> -- Gotta call this a good call. You should look at it from this perspective. The Gov't makes it so hard to sell ammo that only two locations in the entire state are able to do it. They'v effectively banned guns in the state because of it, and slapped on a pretty little guise of it being for safety (It's not, at all).

That's an end run around people's rights, and the court called them on their bullcrap. You should be glad the court still has the ability to do this.

If those for gun control would simply read the true statistics of what is happening in the states and big cities that don't allow citizens to own guns, there would be no argument at all.
It wouldn't matter if they read them - most would not believe them anyway - they would say "These statistics are just made up - probably by FOX news". Statistics, truths, actualities and real data mean NOTHING to the hard left antis. They do NOT see the forest OR the trees - and most likely never will. We are coming up against a new threat from the left and I have no Idea what its going to take to 'parry' this new onslaught because the traditional attempts are not working.

It wouldn't matter if they read them - most would not believe them anyway - they would say "These statistics are just made up - probably by FOX news". Statistics, truths, actualities and real data mean NOTHING to the hard left antis. They do NOT see the forest OR the trees - and most likely never will. We are coming up against a new threat from the left and I have no Idea what its going to take to 'parry' this new onslaught because the traditional attempts are not working.

So true. They aren't arguing from a facts-based standpoint, they are arguing from feelings, and you can't counter feeling with facts. Tell them that in 2015, twice as many people were murdered by hammers as were murdered by rifles, and they will either ignore you completely, or say that the killings with hammers were just ones and twos, nobody has gone in and killed classrooms of children with a hammer, something like that. I have no idea how to get any kind of point across to them.

They aren't arguing from a facts-based standpoint,
They really aren't arguing at all - WE are the ones arguing our point. This is NO different than ANY issue the left deems necessary to control or remove - most of the time it is something THEY, the LEFT do not indulge in, own or otherwise are involved with. The left have it easy - they don't own guns, and most likely wouldn't consider owning any. All they have is their MOUTHS (and about umpteen million other screaming libs) to side with them. WE are the ones arguing OUR position.

So true. They aren't arguing from a facts-based standpoint, they are arguing from feelings, and you can't counter feeling with facts. Tell them that in 2015, twice as many people were murdered by hammers as were murdered by rifles, and they will either ignore you completely, or say that the killings with hammers were just ones and twos, nobody has gone in and killed classrooms of children with a hammer, something like that. I have no idea how to get any kind of point across to them.
Start by taking armed protection and body guards from them, as well as their own personally owned arms. See how that sits with them...

Keep in mind, the truth is on our side. That has to be some kind of advantage. ;)

Anyway, people who respond emotionally tend not to be very effective. Being able to use one's brain, logic and reason is a great advantage. Understanding reality is a huge advantage.

To a degree.

But we also have to understand human nature and that most people react emotionally to discussions of controversial issues.

It is not enough to be logical, we have to understand that most of the time, most people do not respond well to logic.

Most people don't want to change their minds on any given issue. It is hard work to think, harder work to change your mind and uncomfortable too. Humans are basically lazy. We will avoid work if we can find a way. It is much simpler and easier to just react with emotion than it is to sit down and think hard and logically about an issue.

to clarify I didn't post the article to suggest we use its screw you approach, but I did note your response was in line with many of the points made in the article and with respect. Well done.

Always be civil folks, the righteous have nothing to hide its the evil side that has to lie and usually loses their temper on the subject.
Actually, I frequently get a "screw you" type of response from Senator Patty Murray, when she states how interested she is in my opinion, but then goes on to say how proud she is to support our President in his efforts to make our country safer with more gun control.

Actually, I frequently get a "screw you" type of response from Senator Patty Murray, when she states how interested she is in my opinion, but then goes on to say how proud she is to support our President in his efforts to make our country safer with more gun control.

Could you share what you wrote and were given in response? I'm curious. My last letter never got any reply. Not even a canned/prewritten template one.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews